Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stuttering Bluetooth?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Stuttering Bluetooth?

I have a problem with my stereo & bluetooth. Sometimes, out of the blue, music stutters uncontrollably. It's not the fancy Entune radio with the apps, it's the base touchscreen model that comes with the 2013 TRD OR.

- I'm 100% confident it is not a cell reception issue. Signal is strong, and the music files are stored locally on my device

- Disconnecting & reconnecting my phone does not help

- Rebooting my phone does not help

- Rebooting the truck fixes the problem for a while

This might be all fine and dandy, but I can't reboot the truck at 75mph!

Anyway, here's a video. Has anyone else seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHRFuoTd9rE
Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
are you upgraded on the software for your phone?
Old 06-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
yota007 is on a distinguished road
yota007's Tacoma Gallery
Check for software updates on the head unit as well...
Old 06-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
enrohT5 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Silent Service - Vet
Name: Miles
enrohT5's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure wifi is off?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota007 View Post
Check for software updates on the head unit as well...
How do I do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
are you upgraded on the software for your phone?
Phone is 100% up to date, problem is not new.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
yota007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mki View Post
How do I do this?

Phone is 100% up to date, problem is not new.
Get in touch with Toyota on the latest update. I know for many stereos it can make a huge difference.
Have you tried another phone to rule out the device? It may not be the head unit that's the issue... Let us know what happens!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get in touch with Toyota on the latest update. I know for many stereos it can make a huge difference.
Have you tried another phone to rule out the device? It may not be the head unit that's the issue... Let us know what happens!
It used to happen with my old Nokia too, although that one was when I was placing calls. I didn't listen to music from the Nokia much.

Besides, the fact that restarting the truck fixes it but restarting the phone does not, strongly suggests it is the truck.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #8
yota007's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check on software updates for the stereo?
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #9
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you check on software updates for the stereo?
I emailed Toyota yesterday, I don't know how to check other than that.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i stopped in at toyota to get my head unit updated. the updates (according to toyota) are only for the actual entune app and head unit, not the basic touchscreen "entune look-a-like".

go up to toyota and get them to try to fix it, if not, they might just replace the head unit itself