Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Idatalink maestro SW steering wheel controls

Old 06-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Idatalink maestro SW steering wheel controls

Hi,

Im currently looking at upgrading my HU, Ive done a previous install which included a alpine dsp processor, pdx5, alpine 6.5 components, and a alpine type r 10" sub in a custom box. The reason i'm looking at upgrading, im not happy with how the processor works, the dreaded humming that comes with it, and I would like to simply the setup . So i started to look into options and came across the idatalink maestro SW steering wheel controls which allows the user to program all the steering wheel controls including voice and phone buttons. Does anyone have experience with this unit? Any pros and cons?

Thanks

I'm driving a 2012 tacoma Sr5 access cab.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, Anyone?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
Bubbastaco is on a distinguished road
Bubbastaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a new sound system with an I datalink maestro but the rr. I think it's awesome. The head unit is a kenwood dnn991 but the really cool thing about the rr and maybe the other not sure is that now on the radio I get all kinds of guages on the radio. Mpg, rpm, speed, volts, engine load.... I was wanting to get that scangauge that I have read about on here but think the rr has given me the guages that I wanted. Just finished yesterday so have not had much time to play with it. Any questions though I will try and answer.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! i was looking at the rr it definitely has some awesome features and having the same functionds as the scan gauge is a bonus. Did all your steering wheel controls work with it? like your bluetooth controls? and voice controls? What headunit did you install? any problems with the install?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
I am not sure of the feature list of the scangauge but I was just wanting that to show my mpg. The rr gives me instant and average. As for the buttons on the sw they all work. You can program each button to have two separate uses. I have volume up and down as normal with a push and hold on volume down to mute the radio. End call and make make call as normal with a push and hold on make call to activate Siri on my phone. The head unit is a kenwood dnn991. Still learning and trying figure it all out.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
je3169 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
je3169's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbastaco View Post
I am not sure of the feature list of the scangauge but I was just wanting that to show my mpg. The rr gives me instant and average. As for the buttons on the sw they all work. You can program each button to have two separate uses. I have volume up and down as normal with a push and hold on volume down to mute the radio. End call and make make call as normal with a push and hold on make call to activate Siri on my phone. The head unit is a kenwood dnn991. Still learning and trying figure it all out.
Hey Bubbastaco I am looking into the same thing I have a DNX891HD and I am thinking of getting the Maestro RR can you list all the gauges it will show i.e. volts, water temp, trans tamp, and so on.

Thanks John
Old 07-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #7
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
How does the idatalink maestro work? Does it have all of the steering wheel button functionality? Does your steering wheel have the bluetooth phone buttons as well?

I remember reading that these were not compatible with the Tacoma.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #8
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Also curious about this. I am hoping to keep my Sirius antenna,Bluetooth mic, and backup cam.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
I have not had time to make a list of all of the guages that will work with the tacoma. I do not have a Bluetooth phone button but you can program each button you do have for two different things. So my answer button on the sw is programmed to answer calls and with a push and hold it activates Siri. I will try and get a list of availible guages. There are a lot of them that are greyed out that do not work with the tacoma. Not sure on keeping factory satellite radio. I out in all aftermarket so I am no help there.