Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Ipod

Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
maortizs is on a distinguished road
maortizs's Tacoma Gallery
Ipod

Hi guys this is my first post here, just wanted to let you know that last week i bought the USA Spec iPod Interface 581PA11TOY fron Crutchfield.com, for my 2006 tacoma, the thing just sounds great and it's easy to install!! No FM trash, I really recommend it!! It was the first of a long list of accessories I plan to install on my Taco.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Thanks for the great info. You should post some pic's on how you gained access and got it connected for all to see. Cheers.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
maortizs is on a distinguished road
maortizs's Tacoma Gallery
No biggie, Crutchfield.com sent me a easy to understand manual, it's just 4 10 bolts behind the a/c panel, it conects to da back of the factory stereo in the cd changer slot, if there is somebody bad with handtools and stuff it's me, but a did it all in 10 minutes, anyway i will post a very useful link i found here: http://homepage.mac.com/ebones/PhotoAlbum13.html. The idea of all this is that when i wanted to buy this stuff I had a very hard time finding the right information. I hope this helps someone.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW i wasn't so sure about crutchfield but my brother had been their loyal customer for years. i guess i am over protective with my investment. good to know that you are satisfied with their company.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
bill is on a distinguished road

bill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to bill
Purchase USA SPEC as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maortizs View Post
Hi guys this is my first post here, just wanted to let you know that last week i bought the USA Spec iPod Interface 581PA11TOY fron Crutchfield.com, for my 2006 tacoma, the thing just sounds great and it's easy to install!! No FM trash, I really recommend it!! It was the first of a long list of accessories I plan to install on my Taco.
Maortizs- I just purchased off of eBay for $119.00. It arrived yesterday, and I installed after work this evening in about 10 minutes. I ran the cable into the glove box and have the iPod set up there.

Do you leave the iPod in the truck? I'm afraid to do so overnight as it will get really cold in the winter, and really hot in the summer.

For anyone installing, I recommend a plastic putty knife to remove the heater/A/C panel. The plastic makes it less likely that you will scar your interior.

For eBay purchases, I did a search for 2006 Tacoma iPod and it came right up from "Integration Solutions". It doesn't relay text to the head unit, but other than that it does really well.

I have the 6-Disc in-dash head unit, and have not lost any functionality as a result of adding the USA SPEC iPod interface.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I don't leave my iPod in my truck. I need it at my desk at work, so that I can tune out the people that ask me "...did you get that memo?"

I put a bunch of pictures on here when I put my JVC deck and associated iPod adapter in. Here is the link 2nd Gen Stereo Install.

bill is right. Use a plastic putty knife. That is what I did when I took it back apart to take the second round of pictures. The first time I took it apart, I used a large flat blade screw driver, and this marred the dash just behind the A/C controls. You can't see it when it is all put together, but I know its there.

I went the full stereo route since I already had the stereo, and later this year I will be installing a nav system.

I also got the parts and wiring harness from Crutchfield.com. I have used them for years, and I love their service and their selection.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BTW - Welcome to TW!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:20 AM   #8

bill's Tacoma Gallery
A Nav System!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I don't leave my iPod in my truck. I need it at my desk at work, so that I can tune out the people that ask me "...did you get that memo?"

I put a bunch of pictures on here when I put my JVC deck and associated iPod adapter in. Here is the link 2nd Gen Stereo Install.

bill is right. Use a plastic putty knife. That is what I did when I took it back apart to take the second round of pictures. The first time I took it apart, I used a large flat blade screw driver, and this marred the dash just behind the A/C controls. You can't see it when it is all put together, but I know its there.

I went the full stereo route since I already had the stereo, and later this year I will be installing a nav system.

I also got the parts and wiring harness from Crutchfield.com. I have used them for years, and I love their service and their selection.
Now I'm jealous! I wanted a NAV installed in mine when I bought it, but I opted to keep my portable.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:24 AM   #9

bill's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
BTW - Welcome to TW!
Glad to be here!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!

I wanted the portable route, but I wanted the extra functionality of my Bluetooth Blackberry without having to fish around for it. Then I started at looking at all the other things I wanted: Backup Camera, Nav, iPod interface, in-dash DVD, MP3 capability...

It just makes sense that I get one in-dash deck that does it all!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #11
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
so 007 what nav system will you plan to purchase? will you buy it at crutchfield ? i sometimes compare their products at other sites but it seems i would wound up paying too much for it.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 AM   #12
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
so 007 what nav system will you plan to purchase? will you buy it at crutchfield ? i sometimes compare their products at other sites but it seems i would wound up paying too much for it.
I don't really know yet... I need to go to Best Buy or Car Toys and go play with them. I need to see which one I can use without having to look at it all the time. I like driving the truck (not the stereo).