Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Finally made a decision and placed my order!

Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
Finally made a decision and placed my order!

After a few months of reading, researching, stressing, etc I finally made my decision and pulled the trigger. I was debating on whether to keep the factory Entune HU and add a processor or get an aftermarket HU. I had a poll going on the keeping of the HU and if people liked it.

In the end for my preference I decided aftermarket HU. It came down to new HU or JBL MS-8, so it was basically do I want the better imaging and overall sound of the MS-8 or do I want more functionality out of the HU itself. Functionality(and probably easier install and set up) won out.

I just ordered a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX. Along with some Dynamat and Dynaliner. I already have an Alpine PDX F-4 for my amp and am supposed to be buying a pair of BNIB Image Dynamics CSX65 components from a guy on CL.

Still have to buy my dash kit and all harnesses and adapters and I think I have all of them figured out as to what I need. Have contacted the eBay user ckremernimrod1 about a back up camera harness.

Next up, planning the build of my sub(Dayton 10") box and then the install.

Looking forward to some decent sound....I HATE the factory sound. It sucks so bad. Not looking forward to sound deadening...lol...but I know I gotta do it.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
harley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura aboutharley3 has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
Name: Scott
harley3's Tacoma Gallery
I should be finishing mine up this weekend, just in time to head out on vacation for a week and a half. So I won't have much drive time to enjoy it.

Let us know how it goes.