1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

remote wire in stock tacoma 08

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rick08taco, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Apr 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    rick08taco

rick08taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida, holmes beach
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4door v6
    Front window tint, stick shift nob, K&N air in take. Alpine amp to speakers, re-wired speakers, Pioneer AVIC Z-3 head unit, TRD CatBack exhaust, brighter headlight bulbs, black badges, tinted taillights, fog lamps, Black wheel arches, bilstein shocks, all weather floor mats, TRD off-road seats.
    i have a new amp but there arent any RCA connections in the stock head unit obviously. so which wire is the remote wire back there so i can connect the amp 2 it?

thanks

2. Apr 12, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    tacomajason

tacomajason the anti mpg

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 ssm ac oc 6mt 4wd
    stock (for now)
    jbl or non jbl?

3. Apr 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    ya thats important cuz i think that u already have an amp with the JBL.
    but ya doesnt running an amp tp a stock system blow ur speakers?

4. Apr 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    rick08taco

rick08taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida, holmes beach
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4door v6
    Front window tint, stick shift nob, K&N air in take. Alpine amp to speakers, re-wired speakers, Pioneer AVIC Z-3 head unit, TRD CatBack exhaust, brighter headlight bulbs, black badges, tinted taillights, fog lamps, Black wheel arches, bilstein shocks, all weather floor mats, TRD off-road seats.
  5. Apr 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

no...running an amp to your stock speakers will be fine. There are limits though. You also keep in mind if you are sending a full range signal to your stockers. If you add a sub and only send 80hz and up to your stockers they will be MUCH better off.

It's easier to "blow" a speaker with too LITTLE power than it is with more power.

6. Apr 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    tacomajason

tacomajason the anti mpg

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 ssm ac oc 6mt 4wd
    stock (for now)
    incorrect. please refer to mr. marv's q and a

7. Apr 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    tacomajason

tacomajason the anti mpg

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 ssm ac oc 6mt 4wd
    stock (for now)
    quoted from the aforementioned q and a

Q: Will I blow my speakers if I "under" power them?

A:
    Another one of those myths I keep seeing repeated all the time but I believe it is just because some have not actually had this explained before. This one came from people blowing speakers while using amps that were rated less than what the speaker(s) could handle and blaming it on "under" powering. A very simple answer that dispels this myth is "if that were the case, every time you turned the volume down you would blow the speakers"! :eek: Let's say you had a speaker rated at 200 watts rms and your amp produced 100 watts rms. When an amp goes into "heavy" clipping it can "theoretically" produce twice its rated power so you could "theoretically" send 200 watts to that speaker when clipping the amp. This will NOT blow the speaker (sans a defective speaker or inaccurate rating) since the speaker is capable of handling that amount of power and it doesn't "know" if that power is from a "clipped" source. Now let's say you have a 200 watt rms speaker and a 150 watt rms amp. Under heavy clipping this amp could "theoretically" produce 300 watts which can blow a speaker rated at 200 watts rms since that is more power than the speaker is rated to handle. In these cases people would state "I blew the speaker because I was under powering it when in fact as you can see by the example they actually overpowered it.

BTW, clipping is murder on tweeters due to the increase in high frequency content (this is what happens during clipping and not that myth you may have heard about "DC current" or the speaker "stopping" due to the wave being cut off etc ;)) so the above does not apply! (part of this was based on info I received from several audio engineers as well as testing I did on my own after learning about it and if you'd like more detailed info I have it :)).

8. Apr 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM
    rick08taco

rick08taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida, holmes beach
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4door v6
    thats interesting. i put in a 200 watt rms amp and it was HELL but whateva.. it works. im gona get a new HU then speakers. i guess ill re think the rms power. i was planing on getting 85 rms speakers.. would this clipping thing, whateva that is, blow them? it a 4 channel btw, so ~50 watt per speaker

Products Discussed in

To Top