1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005+ Kick Panels over stock location?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pollock21, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Jul 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    pollock21

pollock21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cornelius, NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma DC, TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm currently acquiring products to upgrade the audio in my 2011 tacoma. Currently I'm running a Kenwood 5 channel amp at 80wx4 @ 4 ohms to my front components and rear coax's and 350w to my 10" sub.

I have Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 6.5 components up front and hertz 5.25 coax's in the rear (got them for a steal and couldn't pass up despite being too small).

I'm going to bridge my kenwood amp to feed the front components, and pick up a small 2 channel amp to power my rears. Also going to run 14awg wiring directly from the amps to all of the speakers as the install place did a homerun feed from the amp and tied in behind the head unit. I was not impressed with that move and should have raised more cain over it, but that's in the past.

All I really need to pick up at this point is another 2 channel amp for my coax's, and I'm also going to pull another speaker wire from the amp to each door and leave loose in case I ever decide to go active, I'll have the wiring there.

I'm looking at the q logic kick panels to move my front components out of the doors, but there is very little info out there on these in the 2nd gen trucks. Is anyone running these? What do you think? Unfortunately I've never had any experience with glass or I'd do a DIY build out of my door panels.

2. Jul 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    012TacoDeAsada

012TacoDeAsada Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Whittier
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma MGM
    Icon all around,sick nicks fab front bumper..bfg a/t 275 80 17 on konig counter steer x,all pro rear bumper,5k hid,3k fog lights,rockford fosgate sound system on stock stereo,tints
    I say you run active you'll never go back to passive cross overs..and for 2ch amp might I suggest the fosgate pbr300-2 good little amps can be hidden any were..and they sound good. I also wanted to know more on those q logic I was thinkin of running another set of 6.5 on the kick panels. But I don't think they make them for 2012 tacos.

3. Jul 17, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    pollock21

pollock21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cornelius, NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma DC, TRD Sport 4x4
    Is the 2012 kick panel different than the 05+? I thought most of the changes were in the dash.

Only thing with running active for me is I've never done any in depth tuning so I'm not sure I would get the most out of it. Also not sure how much power i would need to send my tweeter and mid individually since the rms rating on my comps is 125@4ohms. Plus I'd need a processor as well and talking even more dough. Lol
    Or is there a way to run active without a processor?

Products Discussed in

To Top