Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Speaker spacers for 6x9 focal

Old 07-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Overlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to behold

Overlander's Tacoma Gallery
Speaker spacers for 6x9 focal

Building some speaker spacers for my new focal access 690ac. I have some high density plastic left over from work but it is 1 7/16" thick. Would like to mill it down to 1 1/4" instead of the standard 1" as the focals are deep (3 3/16s). How much room do I have before the inner door panel will not fasten to the inner door skin?

Will also be installing some cld tiles, ccf, and mlv for sound and resonance deadening. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Overlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to behold

Thinking of getting the alpine ktp mini amp with the stock base level 06 head unit feeding the front 6x9s with matching 6.5s. Think I should use a jl audio clean sweep? Any advice with what I will need for wiring would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #3

Mr Marv says 1" for front an rear clearance. Thanks for the quick reply Marv.

Any advice on the alpine ktp 45wx4 amp with head unit setup? Would I be better served with a full blown and wired amp?

Keeping a low profile inside the cab is important to me. Vehicle gets left in the wilderness often.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
weendoggy is on a distinguished road
weendoggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Any advice on the alpine ktp 45wx4 amp with head unit setup? Would I be better served with a full blown and wired amp?

Keeping a low profile inside the cab is important to me. Vehicle gets left in the wilderness often.
No advice on the Alpine but I used the Clarion XC1410, which is similar. You can see what I did in this post http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-speakers.html I'm also using the Focal 690 speakers in my AC. You can easily put the amp under the front seat and nobody will know.