1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stereo For Tacoma???

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by PICKSTACOMA, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Jul 31, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    PICKSTACOMA

PICKSTACOMA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 dbl cab lb 4.0
    ARE MX Truck Cap, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech( Digital Floor Mats,Bug And Side Window Deflectors), Scangauge II, Clearvision Solux Headlight/Foglight Bulbs, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser Foglight Switch, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, Rain X Latitude Wipers, Brighter Back Up Lights, Dome/Map LED's, Cup Holder LED's, Engine Bay Lights, Foglights On Anytime, Leather Seats With Front Heating Pads OME Lift With DAKAR Springs And LR UCA's, Rear Diff Breather Mod, A/C Drain Mod, Husky Mud Flaps, ECGS Bushing Kit
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  2. Jul 31, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    Maksimus54

Maksimus54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD OR
    I am not familiar with that brand. Someone may correct me, but I would stick to the big names i.e. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine etc...

If you're going to spend real money on it make sure it's a decent unit.

3. Jul 31, 2014 at 2:16 PM
    PICKSTACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    ARE MX Truck Cap, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech( Digital Floor Mats,Bug And Side Window Deflectors), Scangauge II, Clearvision Solux Headlight/Foglight Bulbs, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser Foglight Switch, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, Rain X Latitude Wipers, Brighter Back Up Lights, Dome/Map LED's, Cup Holder LED's, Engine Bay Lights, Foglights On Anytime, Leather Seats With Front Heating Pads OME Lift With DAKAR Springs And LR UCA's, Rear Diff Breather Mod, A/C Drain Mod, Husky Mud Flaps, ECGS Bushing Kit
    Yea that sounds good to me. Was just wondering. Trying to figure out what to buy. Thanks

4. Jul 31, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    1993t100

1993t100 I’m good looking and I drive a Jeep.

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Sexy
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    x2. Never heard of that.

As he said, $500+ dollars can get you a nice Alpine, Pioneer, hell even a decent JVC or something.

5. Aug 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    Maksimus54

Maksimus54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD OR
    I just installed a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS. It's a really nice unit, but it does not have nav like the unit you linked. Check out crutchfield for details and reviews on gear and if the price is too high(it frequently is) shop it somewhere else.

6. Aug 1, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    Stay away from that one,
    When it comes to decks, stay mainstream unless there is accumulated evidence of one that is superior. Amps and speakers it's not such a big deal as 90% of companies share build houses w others

7. Aug 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    PICKSTACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for all the replies. Just starting to shop for good unit with nav. Too many to choose from. Always liked Kenwood, might go that way.

8. Aug 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    DirtJumper14

DirtJumper14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OR
    5100's, BDF grills and light bracket, big 3 upgrade, ATH bed braces, snugtop xtra vision shell, (bed, shell, hood, rock, front, rear, footwell, glove box, center console led lighting), MESO Gasshole, MESO dome and map lights, Flyeyez center console light, custom fuse panel, TRD CAI, toyota bed mat, 2013 black carpet, 2015 side mirrors, BedRug, AJT key fob, ultraguage, 8 cadillac horns acdf, pop n lock tailgate lock, energy suspension bushings, spicer greasable ujoints, Rigid lights everywhere, kenwood stereo, led tube taillights (red), 2018 T4R trail wheels, rokblok mud flaps, TRD skid plate, RCi gas tank skid plate
    Can't go wrong with Kenwood. Although the dnx890hd I have works fine without flaw, much of their stuff has been buggy recently. But not sure if that's user error or what. Buy from Crutchfield and stay away from Sonic. Their prices aren't worth their service or warranty/return process. I know it all too well, or used to.

When I say buggy I mean that the nav was freezing. Also the map view was a little behind. Would take a corner and be around the corner before the screen started to turn. But updates seem to have corrected it on my unit. Just make sure the system is updated with current software.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top