Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Don't care for 2014 Tacoma Entune plus

Old 08-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
Nikohawaii is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Nikohawaii's Tacoma Gallery
Don't care for 2014 Tacoma Entune plus

So I bought my 2014 tacoma dcsb 4x4 off-road about 1 montha ago and am growing frusterated with the head unit. I live in hawaii and understand that nav won't work but, as far as I know, my truck's head unit doesn't even have it. It came with a "navagation user guide" in the glove box but isn't even equiped. Also the txt component doesn't work, even when parked and the graphics are lame. any suggestions for an aftermarket HU? I am interested in spending about $1,000 max and would like to have NAV, DVD, CD, back up camera, and bluetooth phone stuff. any help from those with decent functioning HU whould be awesome!!! Thanks to all.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer Avic series is fantastic and has all the features you want.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
BrettNic is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
BrettNic's Tacoma Gallery
Entune Plus doesn't have Navi. Only Entune Premium.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
fasteddy is on a distinguished road

fasteddy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm right there with you man. I have a 2014 entune jbl/nav and all the good stuff... But the head unit is just terrible. Voice recognition is beyond poor, not intuitive commands, bluetooth audio always freezes. Getting very frustrated!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:01 AM   #5
<---this guy
jmaack is on a distinguished road
jmaack's Tacoma Gallery
Entune plus here also. I don't care for it.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
SlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlowComa666's Tacoma Gallery
have only had my 2014 AC for 2 days, seems okay for stock

steering wheel controls are nice, head unit is fast and responsive

i have had no issue with BT calls or texts besides a delay in texts and screen prompts.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #7
Rideslikeagirl is on a distinguished road

Name: Jewels
Rideslikeagirl's Tacoma Gallery
Not crazy about the Entune but didn't hate it either. I've had my truck several weeks with no problem but starting last week my radio would randomly restart. I've taken it into the dealership once already for an update. Now it is doing it again.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
mattvivsound is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mattvivsound's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mattvivsound
I've got an Entune basic... and its light years better than the '05 4Runner Limited JBL "premium without Navi" system.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
ranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
ranger098's Tacoma Gallery
What kinda phone do you have? I just bought a Pioneer NEX4000 and so far its awesome. Plus i have an Iphone and next month apple is coming out with new software that features CarPlay, which will be pretty awesome i think. BT sounds clear to people i talk to, has good sound quality, so far im happy.

This particular unit was 590 for me thru sonicelectronix, with free trim kit and harness. it doesnt have nav, but with carplay ill have nav thru my phone. Alpine will have some units with Carplay too, but im guessing theyll be really expensive (like 1500 bucks).

Beware that my new units doesnt have the best picture in the daylight, it gets washed out in the sunlight because of the angle of the dash. kinda sucks, but i dont think any other units could do better.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
Revelations is on a distinguished road
Revelations's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the opposite camp. I really like my entune plus, but I want to upgrade to the nav unit. There aren't a lot of HU's out there with the features the entune plus comes with.
  • Phone pairing is super fast with my android phone
  • It has no problems playing from my usb stick
  • Voice controls work well and can access my usb stick for music
  • It can stream Amazon Prime music over BT
  • The BIG plus is that it reads (text to speech) my sms and emails to me. There aren't any HU's that can do that, that I have found. Most have text to speech for the maps only.

I just need FLTrucks to send me a paypal invoice so I can get the nav unit
Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #11
letsgoOs is on a distinguished road
Name: M
letsgoOs's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a 2014 double cab trd with Entune Plus. I guess I was a bit confused as I thought it had the app suite and navigation could be added. After reading posts, I am thinking this is it. Though the Plus is better than anything I ever had and is working great, I would be interested in the app suite and nav. I keep coming across posts from people purchasing one from TLTRUCKS. I have googled and searched all over. Who is TLTRUCKS and how do I make contact? Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #12
tarheeler is on a distinguished road

tarheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoOs View Post
I just purchased a 2014 double cab trd with Entune Plus. I guess I was a bit confused as I thought it had the app suite and navigation could be added. After reading posts, I am thinking this is it. Though the Plus is better than anything I ever had and is working great, I would be interested in the app suite and nav. I keep coming across posts from people purchasing one from TLTRUCKS. I have googled and searched all over. Who is TLTRUCKS and how do I make contact? Thanks in advance!!
Here ya go. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ion-radio.html
Old 08-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Entune plus was horrible . Useless. Needs hd radio signal
Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #14
Blackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Blackout14's Tacoma Gallery
As far as the text messaging not working depending on your phone you need to go into bluetooth setting for your car on your phone...bluetooth menu the click the setting under tacoma and enable show push notifications and it will allow texts to go through the car... But nav only comes on the jbl unit with the entune premium you can add a nav system to it there are a few companies doing it but it is about $1200 and not worth it... Pioneer is making some really nice head units if you looking for something else!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #15
Blackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry my last post may have been unclear for the text messaging the setting I'm talking about are in your phone setting not the car.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Revelations is on a distinguished road
Revelations's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout14 View Post
As far as the text messaging not working depending on your phone you need to go into bluetooth setting for your car on your phone...bluetooth menu the click the setting under tacoma and enable show push notifications and it will allow texts to go through the car... But nav only comes on the jbl unit with the entune premium you can add a nav system to it there are a few companies doing it but it is about $1200 and not worth it... Pioneer is making some really nice head units if you looking for something else!
Nope. The nav comes on the premium unit as well as the JBL unit. There are two. I got mine from FLTrucks installed and it's working great. Matter of fact, it's doing what most aftermarket radios can't do. The nav function has a web search to find addresses. I can find by bing or yelp through the nav and it picks up the address and everything. I've had aftermarket premium head units that were over 1k and this oem unit with nav is far better.

And no, it doesn't need an HD radio signal. It can find an HD signal easily, but it can easily tune in to a normal station or XM if you have the add on.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
Nope. The nav comes on the premium unit as well as the JBL unit. There are two. I got mine from FLTrucks installed and it's working great. Matter of fact, it's doing what most aftermarket radios can't do. The nav function has a web search to find addresses. I can find by bing or yelp through the nav and it picks up the address and everything. I've had aftermarket premium head units that were over 1k and this oem unit with nav is far better.

And no, it doesn't need an HD radio signal. It can find an HD signal easily, but it can easily tune in to a normal station or XM if you have the add on.
I stand corrected! Just looked it up and you are right.. Mine is just the regular and it works great for me with my iPhone. Connects quick everything works great! You guys having issues what kinda phones do you have and have you tried restarting the phone?
Old 08-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #18
SlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlowComa666 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlowComa666's Tacoma Gallery
for NAV a simple standalone GPS would make more monetary sense

$100-150 vs $400+ install [parts] and good luck with steering wheel controls working properly [depending on installer and install cost].