Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Backup Camera??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aftermarket+backup+camera+tacoma
Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking for wired or wireless?
Do you want a separate display or do you already have an aftermarket heat unit with a screen that you want to use?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
PICKSTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Army: Air Defence (ADA)
Name: Landon
PICKSTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Are you looking for wired or wireless?
Do you want a separate display or do you already have an aftermarket heat unit with a screen that you want to use?
Still making my mind up on the head unit...Kenwood DNX 891 HD or the Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX. So I guess I would need a wired camera. Was hoping to see what most TW members ended up buying.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
Tacoma addict
mtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
mtucker's Tacoma Gallery
I used this rear license plate frame camera to add a backup camera to my 1st gen.
http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C2%...productDetails

I've had it about a year and its been through the car wash many times without problems.

Matt
Old 08-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker View Post
I used this rear license plate frame camera to add a backup camera to my 1st gen.
http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C2%...productDetails

I've had it about a year and its been through the car wash many times without problems.

Matt
I've been checking the cameras out at Amazon and kinda like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHMOJOY?psc=1

It's CCD not CMOS. From what I've read so far, CCD suppose to have a clearer picture.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one of those. I am going to wire it to a 4 pin connector tomorrow so it will plug into my stock backup camera harness. (I lost my camera when I took off my tailgate for a slide in camper).

I will let you know if it works and what I think of the camera.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
I just bought one of those. I am going to wire it to a 4 pin connector tomorrow so it will plug into my stock backup camera harness. (I lost my camera when I took off my tailgate for a slide in camper).

I will let you know if it works and what I think of the camera.
Hey Matt

Hope to hear from you soon. Just got my head unit in (Kenwood DNX 891HD), still waiting on the wiring harness and other things. Need to make my mind up on the camera. If possible, post some pictures. Good luck with your install.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still trying to find a supplier that will hook me up with 4 terminals to wire up the 4way connector. Toyota dealership here quoted me 40 bucks per terminal. Unbelievable. They are 16 cent pieces and they want to charge me 40 per. fuckin criminals.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
I'm still trying to find a supplier that will hook me up with 4 terminals to wire up the 4way connector. Toyota dealership here quoted me 40 bucks per terminal. Unbelievable. They are 16 cent pieces and they want to charge me 40 per. fuckin criminals.
I know what your saying.. two months ago I had to replace my ac condenser, the dealership wanted $1500 for parts, labor and recharge. I replace condenser with aftermarket one and paid a local shop to recharge all for less than $200. I think I'm going to pay the extra $ and buy the tailgate handle with camera form camera source. It's a little pricey, but I think having the camera up higher will have a better view and be more secure. Good luck finding what you need to finish your install.

Products Discussed in this Thread