Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Hetz speakers vs Focal Speakers

Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Black Bear is on a distinguished road
Black Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Hetz speakers vs Focal Speakers

Anyone heard of Hertz speakers. I was sold on purchasing a set of Focal 165 KPS, but recently found the Hertz MLK 165's. Anyone have a preference or heard of the Hertz.

Here is the web site: www.hertzaudiovideo.com

Anyone with any info would be appreciated.

Thx

BB
Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
There's a guy on here who went with Hertz, you could try using the search and find it pretty easy. From what I read, they are very well respected, but haven't had the opportunity to hear them. Where did you find them in Portland? I don't know of any dealers, and would like to hear them in person.

I have listened to Focals at Cartoys. I could tell differences between models, but not enough to justify the $400 jumps between them. Still sounded quite nice, but I think you can possibly come under their prices with Hybrid Car Audio, which is highly touted by some of the folks here (I'm waiting for a bit of clear weather to install mine and see how things turn out).

You could also try comparing Morel, but I only found them at Car Stero City in Beaverton (the older guy there is an ass who will try talking you out of looking at them if you aren't wearing a suit).

Hear No Evil in Salem used to carry MB Quart, I don't know what their deluxe line is now... probably Focal. I feel the Focal to do a bit better, but I haven't listened in the same room.

In all, I don't think you are going to be dissappointed by either choice, it's just a matter of price

EDIT: I guess I should say there are many other choices, but the above is what's readily available in our neck of the woods.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
I personally just dont care for the Focals, I even auditioned a Focal demo car and still didnt care for them. Now the Hertz I was quite pleased with.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Black Bear is on a distinguished road
Black Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Thx for the response, here is the address of shop I found the Hertz speakers. I purchased my Alpine IVA-W505 there, really good customer service and they dont try to push anything but good quality sounding stuff which is better than the experience I have had dealing with car toys!

The place is called Mobile West
140 NE Broadway
Portland, OR 97232
www.mwpdx.com

If you go there ask for Peter Clover. He has the MLK165's installed in his own car. If you listen to them, I like your opinion on them vs the Focal.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Oo, neat. Sounds like I need to visit.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acozzens's Tacoma Gallery
I had 4 Focal 6x9 in my chrysler 300..
2 front 2 rear , and 2 12" subs. off a jvc kdavx2 deck with a 4 and 1 channel RF punch amp set.

It was nice. I'm not an audiophile.
The Amps were really old, but they still kicked and the system sounded very nice.

I don't remember the model of the focals but I think it was mid or top level. They rocked. All genres of music, so I think I had a good experience with them. But the chrysler is a significantly different audio setup than the tacoma.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the Hertz high energys in my truck. 6x9's in front and 6.5rear with the Hertz amp as well. Just a heads up the Mille line (MLK) doesnt have the 6x9 size so it will leave a little space in the front. I also got the Dynamat installed that eliminates the rattling in the doors. I am VERY VERY happy with them so far and they sound amazing in the truck. They have clean sound in the highs and hit nice with the base even without the woofer and box. Focals seem to be waaaaay more expensive but I hear they are great too.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #8
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard a bunch of different Focal and Hertz speakers. I had a set of 165V1 Focal components that I was in love with in my IS300. I've never owned a set of Hertz but my close friend has the high energy midbass speakers in his accord and they are fantastic. I've heard the Mille line and it's nice as well.

The important thing to remember is that both brands make entry, mid level, and high end equipment. So don't be so quick to say "Brand X is waaaay better" or "Brand Y is reaaaally expensive".
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Banned
taco_xr will become famous soon enough
taco_xr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running Hertz hi energy 6.5 components and rear coxials off Alpine PDX 150.4 They sound dope!