I took my time installing this, almost 2 months, and did not cut any corners.
This is my set up:
- Dynomated the doors, side panels, and behind the seat, all but the roof.
- Mounted the AMP on the SUB box behind the rear seat.
- Power cable routed from the battery down the driver side to back behind the seat attached to the AMP.
- RCA cables & AMP power wire(the small one that goes to the head unit) routed under the center console up to the head unit(did a lot of reading and lot's of people said you COULD run this wire with the RCA's)
- Speaker wires routed from the AMP up the passenger side of the truck to behind the head unit tied back into factory harness.
- The ground wire is from the AMP grounded to the bolt that holds the bracket that locks the back seat in the upright position. I used a dremel and made sure the paint was all removed and the bolt is very tight. I at first had it grounded to the bracket that bolts the seat to the floor, again removing all paint. I thought it was a bad ground and moved it and no change. I am using a 2 foot regular automotive battery cable for the ground.
- I searched on youtube and even tried the little ground wire trick behind the head unit to the RCA output.
- Checked the ground cable from the battery to the fender, all is good
- Posted on Tacoma World for help
- 2009 Tacoma DC 2 wheel drive
- Aftermarket head unit Kenwood DPX500 BT (from crutchfield)
- Stock speakers front and rear
- Rockford Fosgate R600X5 Prime 5-Channel Amplifier (from AMAZON)
- ASC Package Toyota Tacoma 05-12 Double Cab Truck Dual 10" Kicker C10 Subwoofer Sub Box Enclosure 600 Watts Peak (from AMAZON)
- Rockford fosgate high quality RCA cables, 10 FT, paid $35 each, bought 3 set's (from a local audio store)