1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kenwood DPX500BT Head Unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 99civ, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Aug 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    99civ

99civ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    OME 885x w/Dakars - HIDs - Husky Mudflaps - LED Dome/Map/Reverse Lights - Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Hey guys just wondering if anybody has any experience with this Kenwood head unit. I'm mostly just looking for a double din that has bluetooth and satellite radio options. I dont care for the GPS or DVD setups. I was also considering the JVC KWR900BT but it doesn't have an easy satellite radio solution even though it has nice power options than the Kenwood.

Thoughts?

PS this will all be running stock speakers and some sub/amp combo the previous owner installed

2. Sep 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    beaverseeker

beaverseeker Member

Member:
    Safford Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2009 shortbed double cab prerunner
    Spyder headlamp housings, HID low beams, 20 inch GENSSI led light bar, all interior and exterior lights converted to LED, lighted cup holder, pop and lock tailgate wired to door locks, valentine one radar detector,removed the ugly sun-visor stickers
    This is my set up.
    I am having a little bit of alternator whine but it is not the head units fault, I am sure it is a grounding issue.
    The Kenwood head unit is great, I sound deadened all 4 of my doors and this thing really sounds good,will be better once I find that whine problem.
    Kenwood has a remote control that I found that I really like while my speedo is sitting around 80 or so.
    The only bad thing about this head unit is it is difficult to see in sun light, you can change the face and button colors to about whatever color you want but in the daylight it kinda sucks to see it. Would recommend getting one

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
To Top