Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Deleting Paired Phones From Radio

Old 09-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
GIJO is on a distinguished road
GIJO's Tacoma Gallery
Deleting Paired Phones From Radio

I have a 2013 Tacoma and in the year and a half I've had it many people have connected to my trucks radio through Bluetooth and with so many phone options in the source I sometimes have a hard time figuring out which is mine. I've tried to figure out how to delete these extra phones but cannot figure it out. So if anybody has any idea of how to delete these extra phones that would be very helpful.
Thank you.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Stand by.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I have a 2013 regular SR5 head unit, but here is the process. Doing it now in the truck for you.

Hit Setup
Hit Bluetooth
Hit Registered Devices
Hit Remove
Hit device to remove
Hit Yes

Done.

Also, change the name on your device so you can easily know what it is called. Mine is hella easy -JAMES S4. I don't have to figure out which device is my phone, AJOE90137U0 OR AJOE91073390H.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:23 AM   #4
GIJO is on a distinguished road
GIJO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks that worked and I figured out how to change the name of my phone my phone list used to say "iPhone iPhone iPhone" lol now I have all unwanted phones off I wonder if you can set a password to connect lol that would be nice
Old 09-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Pretty sure you have to set your head unit to discoverable and/or search for bluetooth devices to connect. You could always disconnect your phone and delete it, then re-connect it and see what options you have.