1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double cab JBL stereo wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by russc1164, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Apr 22, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    russc1164

russc1164 [OP] Member

Member:
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD DC
    I feel like I'm joining y'all in beating this dead horse.......but nobody has a wiring diagram for the premium JBL system? Yikes!!!

Guccitaco likes this.
  2. Apr 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Look it up in the Tacoma Manuals, a quick search would yield them for you on here I'm sure. I'm fairly new to this forum.

I wouldn't even start into the JBL system though... I can tell you right now its nothing like a stereo you'd be used to.

If you're thinking about upgrading your head unit, or just the amplifier, you're going to need a 'special harness' which is actually similar to a lineout converter. I'll post some links and information if you like. I just finished installing mine
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/au...ier-deck-scosche-din-scosche-jbl-harness.html

Very straight forward but costs a few bucks, my install was a nice upgrade to an already decent system.

3. Apr 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    I bought my truck 2-14-09. Its a 2008 Dblcab 4x4.
    As I posted elsewhere, the selling point was the TRD Offroad Pkg.
    I Just happened to also have the factory tow pkg. and the JBL sound system. I got the truck well below invoice so I didn't really pay for the JBL. system.
    I have never had a vehicle with a factory sound system that was any good and the "premium" JBL system in Toyota's is no exception. Just plain sounds like shit. Paper cones, tiny P.O.S. amplifier, no crossovers...etc.
    I had resolved to swap out the sytem completely before I even bought the truck. I have all my equipment now except I'm waiting on some Rockford Fosgate speaker wire. Marv is making my baffles and sub woofer/amp deck.
    I was going to wait until I got my baffles before I started applying the Damplifier Pro to the doors but the "premium" JBL amp died two days ago so I began applying the sound deadener to the doors last night.
    If anyone is thinking of modifying your JBL system, All I can say is your throwing away more money on top of a waste of money.
    Search the forums and you will find there are problems with the JBL system. Specifically distortion to the sub woofer cause the amp is a POS.(that powers a dinky P.O.S. sub.)
    Make sure you get the amp replaced before you change the head unit out cause as soon as you modify the audio system, have no doubt that some dealers will most likely blame the shortcomings of their "stinking-pile-of-dog-crap system on your quality aftermarket head unit.
    Just look around, there's threads of all the "weasel outs" dealers have used to try and get out of replacing the amps: "Your cds are scratched, your burned cds have bad recording levels, etc. etc.
    Honestly, do your part to stimulate the economy and give your local car stereo shop some business. At least they will stand behind their products.

Products Discussed in

To Top