Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Possible for 4 8's behind Dbl cab seat?

Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
TTThornhill is on a distinguished road
TTThornhill's Tacoma Gallery
Possible for 4 8's behind Dbl cab seat?

Currently i have 1 Sundown SD10 that sounds good, but not feeding my bass needs. I tend to be little excessive in that department. The budget wont allow another "play vehicle" to slam full of equipment so i am working with what i got. i could add another 10 with another amp, but i still feel that wont suffice. Does anyone know or seen an install utilizing 4 8inch (maybe 4 10s???) subs behind the seat(2014 Double Cab)? on paper it appears it could be done, but i want to know if it has been done. i would be going with the SD8 lineup from sundown as well. Mr. Marv does not know it yet, but he will be making the box if it is possible. I mainly listen to metal 80% of the time and rap the other 20% so the punch is what i need. I have 2 kids so i cannot remove the back seat. and do not worry, they rarely ever ride so i wont be blaring them at an early age. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Mr Ribby is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
Mr Ribby's Tacoma Gallery
under rear seat? where the storage bins are? you might beable to fit 4 JL 10TW3-4 in the back behind seat, just food for thought tho, then put amps under seat maybe?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen 4 8's on anyone's build myself. From an airspace perspective, you can get 2 x .65 for the dual 10" box, with a small amp board in the middle. If you take the amp board space, I would suspect you'd get another .4, so that gives you about 1.7 Cuft. to work with. Not sure what space your 8's need though. I would think 3 8's would have sufficient space but 4 might be a stretch. Assuming no changes to the seats... and a sealed box.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
ranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
ranger098's Tacoma Gallery
It's not a question of if theyll fit, i am sure you could build a box and get em in there, but you need to do the math to see if you have the square feet to have them sound right. It may be a topic of debate, but i say realistically you can get 1.6 sq ft of airspace back there. Divide that by 4 and you get .4 cu. ft. of airspace per sub. If your sub needs more than that, i wouldnt do 4. Maybe 3??
Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
A member on here is running 2 12s sealed with required airspace. There is a minor mod you can do that allows some additional airspace. 4 8s will be no problem. Ill be building a 2cf after displacement box for 2 triton 8s on 1500wrms probably next week.

The the type of music that you listen to, 4 8s sealed would do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTThornhill View Post
Currently i have 1 Sundown SD10 that sounds good, but not feeding my bass needs. I tend to be little excessive in that department. The budget wont allow another "play vehicle" to slam full of equipment so i am working with what i got. i could add another 10 with another amp, but i still feel that wont suffice. Does anyone know or seen an install utilizing 4 8inch (maybe 4 10s???) subs behind the seat(2014 Double Cab)? on paper it appears it could be done, but i want to know if it has been done. i would be going with the SD8 lineup from sundown as well. Mr. Marv does not know it yet, but he will be making the box if it is possible. I mainly listen to metal 80% of the time and rap the other 20% so the punch is what i need. I have 2 kids so i cannot remove the back seat. and do not worry, they rarely ever ride so i wont be blaring them at an early age. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
TTThornhill is on a distinguished road
TTThornhill's Tacoma Gallery
Well after talking with mr. Marv, he did a similar build that didnt produce the expected results...stated the 8s didnt provide a good range of bass. So I may just stick with doing a dual 10 setup. Definetly will be better on the pockets.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTThornhill View Post
Well after talking with mr. Marv, he did a similar build that didnt produce the expected results...stated the 8s didnt provide a good range of bass. So I may just stick with doing a dual 10 setup. Definetly will be better on the pockets.
well 8s have much higher fs compared to the 10, usually by around 10hz
4 8s have more cone area than 2 10s and if they had comparable Fs then they should have the same " freq" range
The music you listen to doesnt have much bass under 40hz anyhow so what are you going to miss.

also, one thing to remember is that when they run the program testing for the thiele parameter, most subs are brand new and not even broken in. Broken in subs usually play 5-10hz lower on a thiele test