Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Possible for 4 8's behind Dbl cab seat?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
TTThornhill is on a distinguished road
Joined: Oct 2014, #140200
Location: Charleston,SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
TTThornhill's Tacoma Gallery
Possible for 4 8's behind Dbl cab seat?

Currently i have 1 Sundown SD10 that sounds good, but not feeding my bass needs. I tend to be little excessive in that department. The budget wont allow another "play vehicle" to slam full of equipment so i am working with what i got. i could add another 10 with another amp, but i still feel that wont suffice. Does anyone know or seen an install utilizing 4 8inch (maybe 4 10s???) subs behind the seat(2014 Double Cab)? on paper it appears it could be done, but i want to know if it has been done. i would be going with the SD8 lineup from sundown as well. Mr. Marv does not know it yet, but he will be making the box if it is possible. I mainly listen to metal 80% of the time and rap the other 20% so the punch is what i need. I have 2 kids so i cannot remove the back seat. and do not worry, they rarely ever ride so i wont be blaring them at an early age. Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Member
Mr Ribby is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
Joined: Sep 2014, #138738
Location: NW Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 52
Mr Ribby's Tacoma Gallery
under rear seat? where the storage bins are? you might beable to fit 4 JL 10TW3-4 in the back behind seat, just food for thought tho, then put amps under seat maybe?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: May 2009, #17497
Location: Pearland, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,288
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen 4 8's on anyone's build myself. From an airspace perspective, you can get 2 x .65 for the dual 10" box, with a small amp board in the middle. If you take the amp board space, I would suspect you'd get another .4, so that gives you about 1.7 Cuft. to work with. Not sure what space your 8's need though. I would think 3 8's would have sufficient space but 4 might be a stretch. Assuming no changes to the seats... and a sealed box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
Senior Member
ranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shedranger098 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Joined: May 2014, #130377
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Male
Posts: 297
ranger098's Tacoma Gallery
It's not a question of if theyll fit, i am sure you could build a box and get em in there, but you need to do the math to see if you have the square feet to have them sound right. It may be a topic of debate, but i say realistically you can get 1.6 sq ft of airspace back there. Divide that by 4 and you get .4 cu. ft. of airspace per sub. If your sub needs more than that, i wouldnt do 4. Maybe 3??
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Joined: Oct 2013, #114161
Gender: Male
Posts: 595
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
A member on here is running 2 12s sealed with required airspace. There is a minor mod you can do that allows some additional airspace. 4 8s will be no problem. Ill be building a 2cf after displacement box for 2 triton 8s on 1500wrms probably next week.

The the type of music that you listen to, 4 8s sealed would do the trick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TTThornhill View Post
Currently i have 1 Sundown SD10 that sounds good, but not feeding my bass needs. I tend to be little excessive in that department. The budget wont allow another "play vehicle" to slam full of equipment so i am working with what i got. i could add another 10 with another amp, but i still feel that wont suffice. Does anyone know or seen an install utilizing 4 8inch (maybe 4 10s???) subs behind the seat(2014 Double Cab)? on paper it appears it could be done, but i want to know if it has been done. i would be going with the SD8 lineup from sundown as well. Mr. Marv does not know it yet, but he will be making the box if it is possible. I mainly listen to metal 80% of the time and rap the other 20% so the punch is what i need. I have 2 kids so i cannot remove the back seat. and do not worry, they rarely ever ride so i wont be blaring them at an early age. Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
Junior Member
TTThornhill is on a distinguished road
Joined: Oct 2014, #140200
Location: Charleston,SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
TTThornhill's Tacoma Gallery
Well after talking with mr. Marv, he did a similar build that didnt produce the expected results...stated the 8s didnt provide a good range of bass. So I may just stick with doing a dual 10 setup. Definetly will be better on the pockets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
Senior Member
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Joined: Oct 2013, #114161
Gender: Male
Posts: 595
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTThornhill View Post
Well after talking with mr. Marv, he did a similar build that didnt produce the expected results...stated the 8s didnt provide a good range of bass. So I may just stick with doing a dual 10 setup. Definetly will be better on the pockets.
well 8s have much higher fs compared to the 10, usually by around 10hz
4 8s have more cone area than 2 10s and if they had comparable Fs then they should have the same " freq" range
The music you listen to doesnt have much bass under 40hz anyhow so what are you going to miss.

also, one thing to remember is that when they run the program testing for the thiele parameter, most subs are brand new and not even broken in. Broken in subs usually play 5-10hz lower on a thiele test
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any one have spare dbl cab plastics for behind the rear seat TRD Toy85 Audio & Video 5 11-16-2013 07:02 PM
What do you carry behind rear seat on DBL cab? kai38` 2nd Gen. Tacomas 79 01-31-2013 11:25 AM
Wet Okole Seat Covers for 05+ Dbl Cab Spicler Buy / Sell / Trade 2 08-11-2011 05:28 PM
Hello ALL 2007 DBL Cab under the seat subs Broke New Members 7 01-25-2010 08:58 AM
Seat cover dimensions 07 dbl cab!!! jjosue74 2nd Gen. Tacomas 5 03-09-2009 05:17 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.