1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub set up for 09 DC

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sctrd09, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Apr 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    sctrd09

sctrd09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OFF ROAD
    I went to a local stereo shop two days ago and looked at some stuff. I told the guy what I have in my mustang and that I like the way it sounded. I had 2 12s and a 2000.1 amp and there is just no way they could go in my truck....need way too much air space. So he showed me the jl 13tw5. He said that they could easy install that behind the rear seats and with a jl 500/1 and I would not be disappointed. Does anyone have this set up or something similar? I can't stand just having a factory radio. Feel free to offer any suggestions.

2. Apr 22, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    I think that should sound awsome, I have a 09 DC LB and im running a jl13tw5 in a custom fiber glass box(fabricated by self) with a punch amp, sub sounds killer.Would definatly recommend this sub,its hands down the best shallow sub on the market.

3. Apr 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    sctrd09

sctrd09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OFF ROAD

Thanks for the help man. I have always heard really good stuff about all jl stuff and told myself my next set up thats what I was going to go with. Its pricey but I believe in you get what you pay for. So im sure ill be pleased with it.

4. Apr 22, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    TacoMOnster07

TacoMOnster07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    BHLM, Grillcraft, Urd SS, Urd TCAI, Urd MAF Calibrator, AeroTurbine Exhaust, TacoTune Single Din, Two 8" Infinity Subs, 12-13000 HID's, Xtreme Bedrack light bar with two KC 4 by 6 lights.
    I have two Infinity 8 inch subs, not sure what model they are. 1000 watt digital amp by Alpine I believe. It bumps pretty hard but after box construction there isn't much air to be moved behind seats. You old setup is probably going to be louder. I didn't take off the plastic on the back of my seats because I have them down a lot, so there is a point when I turn up my subs to much they smack against them. I am very very satisfied though with my setup, it's also a plus that the backseats feel like a vibrating chair.

5. Apr 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    I was very nervous when I first got the Jl 13 because i had heard some other shallow mounts that sounded terrible,but jl definatly spent the time on this one you definatly get what you pay for.You should try to make afiber glass box mine turned out sweet Ill try to get some pics .Took me a couple days and alot of patience ,you can make the fiber glass thinner and stronger than the mdf would be and mold it to shape. There is not alotof room back there

6. Apr 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Some of the best sounding bass I have ever down in a Tacoma and most definitely the best sounding shallow sub I have ever heard/used! :)

Install with JL 13TW5 and 500/1

Products Discussed in

To Top