Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Would an Alpine PDX M-12 amp be enough power?

Old 10-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Would an Alpine PDX M-12 amp be enough power?

I've been thinking of swapping out my subs for some Alpine Type-R 12"s, probably D4's, so I can get a 4-ohm load on the amp. The amp puts out, according to the birthsheet, 1248w. Would that be enough to get some SERIOUS thump from the Alpine's? Or, should I consider another amp, so I have one amp running one sub, and another amp running another sub? I should have the mounting depth, I'm just wondering if I'd be wasting the ability of an Alpine Type-R pair with that much power? They'd be running sealed in a box that's around 1.8 cu.ft.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
FATPUBUS has a spectacular aura aboutFATPUBUS has a spectacular aura about

Marines: 92-96 29 Palms, Ca. India 3/11
FATPUBUS's Tacoma Gallery
Never!!! 2 rockford p1000x-1bd's or fail lmao

Im sure it would!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
I've been thinking of swapping out my subs for some Alpine Type-R 12"s, probably D4's, so I can get a 4-ohm load on the amp. The amp puts out, according to the birthsheet, 1248w. Would that be enough to get some SERIOUS thump from the Alpine's? Or, should I consider another amp, so I have one amp running one sub, and another amp running another sub? I should have the mounting depth, I'm just wondering if I'd be wasting the ability of an Alpine Type-R pair with that much power? They'd be running sealed in a box that's around 1.8 cu.ft.
You're talking about the shallow mount Type R's right? If I'm not mistaken, the standard Type R 12 is a very deep sub, and will not fit in your enclosure.

Either way, the PDX M12 is a solid, true 1200w amplifier, and would be plenty of power for either of the Type R's.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, I was talking about the standard Type-R. My enclosure is around 7" deep, so they should fit.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked at the woofer specs on Alpines website. I didn't realize how much more compact the new versions are compared to the version 2's I used to have. I say go for it. The Type R is probably one of the best SPL/$ subs you can get.