1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stereo Integrity BM MKIV

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ike3000, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Oct 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    ike3000

ike3000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    fedex man delivered a new toy! to say i'm excited would be an understatement. it's going into an existing enclosure currently housing a single 10" IDQ. i need to enlarge the cutout and add some mdf to reduce the volume since this sub works best in 0.5 to 0.6 cu ft. the sub channel on my amp is rated for 1150W at 2 ohms...i'm gonna have to be gentle with the gain knob.

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

Trvshort22 likes this.
  2. Oct 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    These are imo the best Shallow mounts out there, as for box volume, it will depend on what type of music you listen to. What amp are you using

3. Oct 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    I think I might grab a couple of these myself.

Being that these are the perfect sub for DC builds, I cannot believe he has any left.

If there was a decent amount of guys with enough cash, wanting proper installs and SQ, I would buy them out and mass produce these in boxes for plug and play installs.

4. Oct 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    I can get these in mass quantity ;) but was never a fan of shallow mounts. I can't stand sealed boxes ether. Op, have you thought a bout running a ported box ?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  5. Oct 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    ike3000

Member:
    well i finished enlarging the existing cutout. that was not fun at all. the enclosure is pretty well secured into the truck so i did not remove it. MDF sawdust all over the damn place :(

i mainly listen to rock, reggae, and hip hop/rap (if you can even still call it that). my box is 0.75 cu ft gross right now and with a couple strips of mdf attached to the rear wall i can take it down to just over 0.65 cu ft gross. the sub's displacement is 0.05 cu ft, so i'll be good to go. it's being powered by an audison lrx 5.1k.

i've been eyeing these for some time and when i heard he dropped the price i just had to jump on one. depending how this one works out i may splurge for a second. the biggest hesitation i have is that if i go two subs across the back wall, then i won't have space for my audison amp. i have a JL mono amp and Alpine 4 channel that can fit under my seats, but man that audison amp is clean. i love the sound from it.

i have thought of ported for a very brief while. mainly because i don't want to go with a bigger enclosure. this sub should hit pretty darn low in a sealed enclosure.

6. Oct 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    well, with your choice of music ---- Ported all the way. Id run a single 4 inch flared port tuned 30-35hz. I can't stand sealed.

7. Oct 27, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    ike3000

Member:
    i finished the install yesterday and it sounds great. it's a more mellow bass, so it took a while to get used to, but it's a very warm, cabin-filling bass. it's strong all the way into the deep notes without any nasty peaks. it blends so well with the mids that i'm using a 12db slope at 80 Hz and don't have major phase issues. i'm still messing with time alignment and breaking it in, but initial impressions are very positive. i have a 6 hr drive today and i'll be sure to give her a good workout.

8. Oct 28, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    maytagworker

maytagworker Well-Known Member

Member:
    great sub I've got a MKIII in a sealed enclosure and love it, been wanting a MKIV but shipping is about $94 not really doable right now, blends in effortlessly to the front stage great choice

9. Oct 28, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    Ike, what is your gain setting On your 5.1k? Do you have enough head room to run a dual set up?

10. Oct 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    ike3000

Member:
    my gain setting is about half way, which is higher than i thought it should be. i initially set it for 31V rms (480W @ 2ohms) using a 40Hz, -5dB tone, with HU levels set at 0dB and volume at 60 out of 62, but it was a little quiet. i turned up the gain a bit to give me more amp headroom and i'll control level on the HU.

the 5.1k does 750W at 4ohms, which should be just enough for two BM MKIV's. the main problem is that i won't have anywhere to put the amp if i add another sub. i can fit my 500/1 under the seat, but i'm not sure if that i will be enough power even though they bench test at over 600W. one guy on DIYMA is running two off a 500/1 and seems to be satisfied.

i may be able to fit the 5.1k in the storage under the rear seat, but i currently use that space for other stuff. ideally i'll get two 5 channel amps (e.g. 900/5) to give me some flexibility for 3 way in the future...but that's a slippery slope for my bank account.

11. Oct 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    The 5.1k will not go under the seats. Not without major modification. I tried. I initially wanted 2 13TW5s back there. Still couldn't get the cubes even if I relocated the amp. I do think that running the amp vertically might go with a MKIV on each side. I would have to pull some tape to make sure. I agree with you, 750 is plenty to push two.

12. Oct 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    ike3000

Member:
    mounted vertically could be an option. hmmmm....

13. Oct 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    there are lots of other amps on the market that do even up to 1.8kw that fits under the driver and can fit 2 under passanger if u remove rear blowing foot vent

14. Oct 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    ike3000

Member:
    published specs show the 5.1k length at 21 inches. my box height is 18 inches tall. even if mounted diagonally (following slope of seat back) i don't think 21 inches will squeeze in there.

15. Oct 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    There are also a lot of amps that are simply blown away by the sound quality that Audsion provides.

I would rather not spend thousands more for another high end amp set up to jam under my seats.

Products Discussed in

To Top