Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Radio Antenna Mount

Old 04-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
CB Radio Antenna Mount

So I've been looking for a place to mount a CB Antenna. I didn't want to use a magnet base and I don't have easy access to the rails since I have the BakFlip cover on the truck. I also didn't want to drill into the truck. So here's what I came up with. I found a thin bracket that was pretty strong. I loosened the black metal cover at the back of the tailgate and slipped the bracket behind it. I drilled a hole where one of the stock screws was located. It holds pretty firm with one bolt. When I'm not using it, I can just remove the one bolt and take the bracket out. It doesn't interfere with the tailgate or the cover and doesn't block any lights. The bolts are in finger tight right now. I just wanted to mock it up. I'll get some shorter ones to replace the ones on there now.

Sorry for the graininess of the pictures. It was dark out and I used the cell camera:

Attached Thumbnails
CB Radio Antenna Mount-antenna-mount.jpg   CB Radio Antenna Mount-antenna-mount-2.jpg  
Old 04-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad idea rob i like it, if i ever get a whip thats what i will do.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a pretty handy spot to put one good job