Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

INSTALL: Steering Wheel Interface 2006 Taco 4d 4wd JBL ( SWI-JACK )

Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #62
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acozzens's Tacoma Gallery
My pleasure..
It's a great feature to have after upgrading from the disgusting stock stereo.

It's an old post now, but woooweeee I still get questions via pm which is great!

If you want to see some of my other projects, visit my blog, because I actually sold my Taco a couple months ago which I'm sad about.

http://www.booyagadget.com/category/vehicle

but i'l always be a taco forum member. perhaps in a few years, I'll buy another Tacoma, because man I loved mine !

Cuz
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #63
Reach High Design is on a distinguished road

Reach High Design's Tacoma Gallery
I used a PAC SWI-JACK for my installation of the Kenwood DNX9960. It worked out great. Unfortunately there are no controls available for the Bluetooth but still. It is great to have the controls up and running.

My review and installation instructions include the particulars.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #64
YotaComa22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
YotaComa22's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice write-up on this....I tried it before but couldn't get it to program correctly....thanks....gonna have to try your method.....
Old 01-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #65
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
nice write up
Old 01-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #66
B.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blanalin
B.Radd.KO's Tacoma Gallery
I will be using this SWI unit for the Alpine deck im putting in my '11 Taco. I really like your extension of the unit's wires, you covered all the bases and i especially like how you streamlined the grounding connections (nice touch). Im sure you helped alot of people out with this thread. Gold star, dude.

I think im gonna disregard that advice about the razor knife, though. Everyone has learned that lesson (Sharp edges on trim aren't as easy to avoid unfortunately.) And I'm glad to see you stayed true to your vices the whole way through. There was either a tin of chew or a budlight in every picture you had, GJ.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #67
Spruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: '90-96
Name: Eric
Spruced UP's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad I found this thread. I have a 2013 DCLB on the way, and it has the "base" display audio unit. It will likely be sufficient for my needs, but it's nice to know that the steering wheel controls won't be completely useless if I swap out the HU.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #68
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
You've just given me the confidence to not pay a professional installer for this job! THanks
Old 06-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #69
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acozzens View Post
Lol thanks burgman...
I just checked out your post. If it makes you feel any better, that fukking writeup took me about 3 hours ! But I had to finish and have it make sense.

good thing is that you got yours done too pretty easy...
I couldn't find much info when I installed mine, so I wanted to make it more of a one source. I had to search all over the damn place before I felt comfortable to get started, then I said fuk it and just banged it out(kind of)
You the man dude, NICE job.....you must have the electronic skillz to pay the billz.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #70
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any experience with a later model vehicle - say 2013 and the current SW interface adaptors out there? Brands/models seem to have changed. Want to know what to buy that will work. Currently running DCLB 2013 TRD Sport with "base" touch screen, non JBL.