1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stereo reinstall gone bad (Man vs Wire - Wire wins)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by NfiniteZERO, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Jan 15, 2015 at 11:22 AM
    NfiniteZERO

NfiniteZERO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Boise, ID
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab TRD Sport
    AVS BugFlector and Vent-visors, Wet Okole seat covers, Extang Trifecta Signature,
    I was finally able to devote some time to getting my new iDatalink Maestro SW controls installed after the included controls on my Perfect FIT kit from Alpine took a dump. Everything was working great up until I was trying to fit my wires back behind the dash. I was shifting wires in the dash when my unit fell right on my AT shifter and caused the touchscreen on my INE-Z928HD to spiderweb.

[​IMG]

So, I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I'm sending the unit into Alpine to have the touchscreen repaired and I'm doing some pondering about where to go from here. Naturally, I can wait for the unit to come back from repair and fight furiously to get the wires behind the dash, gut behind the stereo to make it fit better, or possibly invest in a new headunit and sell my Z928 when it comes back.

Don't get me wrong, I love the features of the head unit but I really dread having to fix something behind the unit... this thing is a total nightmare as far as wire management is concerned. I am worried about hacking up behind the dash too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top