1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

system fitment help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 2005 TACO, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jan 21, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    2005 TACO

2005 TACO [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Odessa
    Vehicle:
    18 SR5 Dbl cab
    Rough Country 3” leveling kit, 17” KMC KM719, w/LT285 Hankook Dynapro AT2/ Extreme.
    I have an 05 dbl cab w/o the JBL system. I am wanting to know if I can get the Tacoma touchscreen or even the std w/ Bluetooth system to fit into the same space, also to change out the bottom plastic molding where the chargers are and install the newer piece that has the AUX/USB connection. Has anyone done this? My stock radio will not let me listen to music on my phone. I listen to that more than over the air.

9911524710.jpg

2. Jan 21, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    firestorm

firestorm Active Member

Member:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DBL Cab
    I just did a mod for pretty much the same purpose. I'd suggest getting an aftermarket head unit (I went with a Pioneer AppRadio 4 because it has Carplay), and then you can pick up an Scotsche double din adaptor to hold the new unit.

The stock Toyota head units are all pretty ghetto, so it probably makes sense to look aftermarket rather than paying a similar price for a stock head unit that will not have a fraction of the functionality or power.

Products Discussed in

To Top