Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Control iPod Classic via iPod NOT Headunit?

Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
i'm here for the food
gimmeajo is on a distinguished road

Name: Zander
gimmeajo's Tacoma Gallery
Control iPod Classic via iPod NOT Headunit?

On my 2013 JBL Entune, when I plug in my iPod via USB the stereo takes control. I would rather use the iPod controls, is there a way?
Old 01-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
plug it in to the aux jack with a phono cord (looks like a headphone plug on both ends) instead of the usb
Old 01-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
i'm here for the food
gimmeajo is on a distinguished road

Name: Zander
gimmeajo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
plug it in to the aux jack with a phono cord (looks like a headphone plug on both ends) instead of the usb
Well that's one way to do it, but not ideal as it wont charge...
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmeajo View Post
Well that's one way to do it, but not ideal as it wont charge...
And plug the usb cable into a USB charger....
Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
weendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud ofweendoggy has much to be proud of
weendoggy's Tacoma Gallery
You can accomplish the same thing by using the menu on the Entune unless you really want something special. I can use the search, album, etc and play.