Notices

JVC KW-AVX720 DVD Receiver with monitor radio

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
Charlot is on a distinguished road
Charlot's Tacoma Gallery
JVC KW-AVX720 DVD Receiver with monitor radio

Hi guys
I had this radio in my Tacoma when i bought the truck.
At first he wanted me to pay extra but i refused,since it was in there.
In the deal,he gave me that one above and also the original one from Toyota.
Anyone knows if this radio is better,or sounds better then the original one from Toyota.The oreviousowner claims that the JVC sounded better.
O like it,but it is a bit more sophisticated,and also plays videos if you like,but who cares about videos in a truck,,that s ny opinion...lololo
So any experts that would know if the stock radio sounds just as good as this JVC.
What i don t like is that now the radio control on my stearing wheel does nt work anymore..also you need to flip that front screen to insert a CD,tjough mostly it is the switch of chanels and volume that i miss from the stearing ..
Thanks
Charly
Old 02-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
It shouldn't be too difficult to install an ASWC steering wheel control module. If you buy a package of Posi-Taps you don't even need to cut into or splice any wiring, and once you install it, it will program itself. I'm assuming you already had steering wheel controls existing before putting in the JVC unit.

You'd need this:
http://www.metraonline.com/part/ASWC-1

and this:
http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-8114

and this:
http://www.amazon.com/Posi-tap-Conne...-tap+connector
Old 02-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
Charlot's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Kingston73
Yes it is already on the stearing,but since the previous owner changed the radio,now it does nt work with this JVC stereo.
So what you are telling me that it is possible that it will work?
Thanks
All the best
Charly
Old 02-16-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the buttons on the wheel but they don't work the Po didn't add the control unit I linked. It shouldn't be too thought to take the stereo out of the dash and have a look, or you could just order those parts first and then do it. I don't think the brand of stereo should matter for the aswc but there's a thread dedicated to getting that metra aswc working so I would read through that before doing anything else.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:17 AM   #5
Charlot's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Kingston3
I will this have this fixe then..
I thought that it was impossible.
Regards
Charly

Products Discussed in this Thread