Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Alpine PDX-5 Amp kit, where to get?

Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Armyballer will become famous soon enoughArmyballer will become famous soon enough

Army: Active duty Major
Armyballer's Tacoma Gallery
Alpine PDX-5 Amp kit, where to get?

Suggestions other than tacotunes? Plan is to mount it under my seat. It will run my 4 door speakers/tweets and 1x 10in sub behind the back seat in my DC.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Mr Marv on here makes custom boxes and you could put the amp behind the rear seats and save it from being kicked
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Check out woofersetc.com that amp is small enough to fit there no probs without getting kicked i will eventually go to that amp, i currently have a rockfordfosgate 300-1 amp and fits fine.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Armyballer will become famous soon enoughArmyballer will become famous soon enough

Army: Active duty Major
Armyballer's Tacoma Gallery
Props to crutchfield.com, first off they have a CUSTOMER SERVICE number, holy crap, what a great idea.

I told the guy exackly what I was doing and he immeduiatly matched me up with the kit I would need.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Coheednme13 will become famous soon enough
Name: MattDaddy
Coheednme13's Tacoma Gallery
I bought that amp off of ebay for a little over 300 from some trustworthy guys their name is dis_sound. Of course it won't come with a warranty. But it's up to you.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna have to correct you on that im looking at the owner of woofersetc.com and he tells me he is, and they DO warranty thier products, get your facts straight before you post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Woofersetc.com is NOT an authorized dealer. As such, they won't be able to warranty the amp if it ever goes bad.

I'm a moderator on this site, send an email to Mark@soundsolutionsaudio.com and tell him johnecon2001 sent you over. He'll give you a deal.
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/
Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i need one of those also
Old 05-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coheednme13 View Post
I bought that amp off of ebay for a little over 300 from some trustworthy guys their name is dis_sound. Of course it won't come with a warranty. But it's up to you.
Got mine there too...$365 shipped.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acozzens's Tacoma Gallery
grabbed mine from million buy. but I prefer to ship on the west coast, I don't think you're west coast. the amp ( pdx 5 which I love ) arrived fast, can't remember how fast. they did make me call to verify the order which is about what others have paid, + free shipping. I can't remember the details, it came fast.

Last weekend I installed the amp, and I have all new speakers including taco tunes baffles up front and their recommended components. this all sounds very very nice, so much better. And I haven't even hooked up the sub yet. it is going to be crazy. I put in polk db651 I think in the rear which are also on the pdx 5. I made some ghetto baffles in the back, but they work. I think you're gonna be happy unless you're a major audio snob.

I"m feeling the pdx 5. man, these little truck cabins just love it loud.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #12
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Im gonna have to correct you on that im looking at the owner of woofersetc.com and he tells me he is, and they DO warranty thier products, get your facts straight before you post.
He may personally warranty it, but he's not authorized.
My PM to you contains a bunch of info.
Authorized ONLINE Alpine Retailers
http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...=all&x=34&y=15
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 AM   #13
Coheednme13 will become famous soon enough
Name: MattDaddy
Coheednme13's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah you can buy a square trade warranty for it I almost forgot, they aren't that expensive either
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #14
CoreyJ is on a distinguished road
CoreyJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
woofersetc is not an authorized online dealer for more than half the brands on the site.

Tho I would not hesitate to buy Image Dynamics from them, as I know they are authorized for those (was told so by a guy at ID).