Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bluetooth Dongle for Clarion Receiver

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
kenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenmillerjr's Tacoma Gallery
Bluetooth Dongle for Clarion Receiver

Hello Tacoma World!

I feel as though I am behind the times a little...LOL With that, I want to add Bluetooth capabilities to my after-market Clarion receiver. I found this on Amazon. Pretty cool little unit. I just want to get advice on if connecting the power leads to the cigarette lighter / power ports right there on the dash would be the best approach to power the device? Would there be any better options? I have a 2002 Tacoma Pre-Runner. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-25-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmillerjr View Post
Hello Tacoma World!

I feel as though I am behind the times a little...LOL With that, I want to add Bluetooth capabilities to my after-market Clarion receiver. I found this on Amazon. Pretty cool little unit. I just want to get advice on if connecting the power leads to the cigarette lighter / power ports right there on the dash would be the best approach to power the device? Would there be any better options? I have a 2002 Tacoma Pre-Runner. Thanks for the help!
Not sure if the 2002 cig lighter comes on and off with the truck or not. If it does attach red wire to power, black wire to ground and that's all you need to do.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #3
kenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to beholdkenmillerjr is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenmillerjr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Not sure if the 2002 cig lighter comes on and off with the truck or not. If it does attach red wire to power, black wire to ground and that's all you need to do.
Yes, the gig lighter turns on / off with the ignition. The is for your reply!

Products Discussed in this Thread