Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

kenwood hu 5210 amp question

Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
kenwood hu 5210 amp question

Hello,

So I have the Kenwood DNX 5210 sitting waiting on an install, and know that there are only 2 RCA outs, Front and Rear/Sub. Is it possible to run the Front out to a 2 Channel Amp for the front speakers and the Rear/Sub to a Sub Amp AND use the HU amp for the rear speaker fill?

Reason being, I'd like to consider only running the front component set and a single sub as my main system and have the rear speakers as back fill if possible. If not I'll probably just run it to a 4 channel amp and run front and rear speakers...

It's in a DC SWB for reference. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
Hello,

So I have the Kenwood DNX 5210 sitting waiting on an install, and know that there are only 2 RCA outs, Front and Rear/Sub. Is it possible to run the Front out to a 2 Channel Amp for the front speakers and the Rear/Sub to a Sub Amp AND use the HU amp for the rear speaker fill?

Reason being, I'd like to consider only running the front component set and a single sub as my main system and have the rear speakers as back fill if possible. If not I'll probably just run it to a 4 channel amp and run front and rear speakers...

It's in a DC SWB for reference. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
I do it like that all the time Rob so yes it will work and BTW the other goodie should drop in any time (I didn't realize being an "employee" put you at the bottom of the list in shipping priority!)
Old 05-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
I do it like that all the time Rob so yes it will work and BTW the other goodie should drop in any time (I didn't realize being an "employee" put you at the bottom of the list in shipping priority!)
Awesome Marv! This will allow me room with the HU to add a sub in the future without having to upgrade my HU, trying to keep this as affordable as possible! I'm looking forward to my "goodie"...

Rob
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
romeo oscar bravo

Marv, another question, with the PDX 4.100, would it be possible to bridge the rear channels to power a small sub for expansion in the future, then use the HU to power the rear doors? Thanks!

Rob