Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Had to Modify TacoTunes Brackets???

Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Had to Modify TacoTunes Brackets???

OK check this out. I got all the goods last week for my speaker install. Infinity Kappa 60.9cs (front), JL TR650 CXi (rears), TacoTunes baffles all around with custom tweeter mounts, and a roll of Raam Damplifier.

I get the drivers door all damplified, get the baffle on all sealed and that, I go to put my door panel on and the top left corner where the speaker cover is hits the taco tunes baffle. WTF, I thought these things were custome made to fit. Look in the picture below and you will see the scratches on the door panel where the bolt on the top left speaker bolt was hitting it...the second picture shows how I had to cut the depth out of the bracket to make it fit. Not a big deal, but I am wondering if I did something wrong. For the passenger door I just went ahead and did the same thing just in case.

Camera phone photos but you will get wht I am talking about.

Did I do something wrong? I put one layer of damplifier on the outer door skin, and a skinny weatherstriping under the speaker baflle. It was not built up too high. I just don't get it, has anyone ever experienced this?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
Yeah I had to do the same thing in my '09. I didn't take quite as much meat off as you did. I also didn't add any deadener.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I thought it was a little much but taking off what I did didn't change the strength of the bracket so I went for it so I knew it would fit. I wonder if that door panel changed some on the 09's strange I had never heard of anyone having to do this on TW. Maybe I just missed it somewhere.