1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pac Tato

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Lifeofbrian, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Mar 15, 2015 at 1:50 PM
    Lifeofbrian

Lifeofbrian [OP] Longing for the far East

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Westminster, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TUNDRA 5.7 Rock Warrior
    Stuff
    I find it strange that i cannot find 1 video online of someone installing this thing, so many tacomas and not 1 video or detailed write up.

Can someone please prove me wrong and post a video or write up for this thing?

Getting really annoyed just looking at all of it with no clue how to wire it up 100%.

All of the installs i did in the past didnt involve anything like this, it was really simple in the past.

http://www.carid.com/images/pac/stereos/pdf/tato-installation-instructions.pdf

this doesnt help much sadly and the part i will mention below makes me think im gonna need to buy even more shit to make this work.

"*11 Pin Harness - Connect to PAC’s SWI-X, SWI-JACK, SWI-PS or SWI-ECL2 (Sold Separately)" im thinking this is to keep the steering wheel controls? not concerned about those atm if thats the case.

Appreciate any help fellas.

Thanks,
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. Mar 15, 2015 at 2:59 PM
    Lifeofbrian

Lifeofbrian [OP] Longing for the far East

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Westminster, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TUNDRA 5.7 Rock Warrior
    Stuff
    So after messing around more i think the problem was that i was over thinking it.

I know see that the speaker wires that come from the aftermarket head unit are not used at all which was confusing at first.

slowed down and realized it was pretty simple, if anyone else sees this thread and is confused about this please pm me and ill walk you through it.

time to go run the mic and usb and finish this thing.

3. Sep 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    Pandaking

Pandaking Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD
    Hey, I'm having the same problem. Can you walk me through with connecting the wiring harness?

Products Discussed in

To Top