Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

8" w3v3 subs, anyone running these?

Old 04-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
EricU is on a distinguished road
Navy:
EricU's Tacoma Gallery
8" w3v3 subs, anyone running these?

so i have 2) JL 8w3v3 subs, i built the box today at work to JL Specs, adjusted for 2 subs obviously, i want to say im around 1.05 cu.ft. if i remember correctly. Sealed box, super basic, super boring.

I was curious if anyone is running these subs, what amp are you powering them with. what type of box do you have them in. Long term impression/opinions?

if these end up not cutting it in the sealed box, i may say forget about the rear seat area and build a T-Line box for a single 8 and call it a day.

(1st gen ext cab)
Old 04-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #2
SHOKER
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Name: John
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
T-line, Love those!
screw sealed
Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #3
EricU is on a distinguished road
Navy:
EricU's Tacoma Gallery
ha yeah, if only i didnt need around 9 feet of port id be all over a t line from the get go, the main fabricator at work loves building those.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:58 PM   #4
SHOKER
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
Name: John
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
try a 1/4 wave guided box.
Its much more doable and suited for vehicles than a t-line even though its about the same thing
Old 04-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
mistert is on a distinguished road

mistert's Tacoma Gallery
I am not running an 8W3, but I have had one in the past that was in a prefab box package by JL Audio. I have to admit, I was impressed with the amount of output for an 8" subwoofer. It sounded really good at lower volumes, but when I would crank it up more, I would lose some of the bass response. I had a pretty large amp going to the front and rear speakers so it was as if it couldn't keep up.
On a side note, I love bass, so it wasn't for me, but if you want a little bottom end from a quality subwoofer, you can't go wrong with W3 series subwoofers. I ended up sending it back to Crutchfield and went with a pair of 10W0s that were under the rear seat of a Tundra. A year later, I replaced those with a single stage 3 12" RF Punch in a custom ported box. Part of the rear seat was removed for the box and the sub fired downwards. Since getting rid of the Tundra and getting a Tacoma, I use the same sub, but got a prefab ported box for it.