1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Mr Marv West Coast BBQ/MEET/IASCA Competition

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mr Marv, May 13, 2009.

1. May 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv [OP] 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    OK guys it's on for June 27th 2009 near Monterey California :)
    and here are a couple of threads from previous years:
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...2008-mr-marv-west-coast-mobile-audio-bbq.html

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/12-volt-events/40828-mr-marvs-bbq.html

marvs bbq - DIY Mobile Audio

Marv's BBQ Picture Depot - DIY Mobile Audio

First I have to mention again that this BBQ takes a TON of time/expense to plan/put on and I tend to get the credit. I cannot accept it all as this event would not be possible without the help of many people that I'd like to/will thank individually later but first and foremost I must thank my wife for all she does as well as for putting up with me and this madness sometimes! :)

For those that have never been here I'll give a little info. I originally started these BBQ/Meet's so that a bunch of guys in the area with common interests in mobile audio could get together and listen to gear that was not easily available to them. It also gave guys with less experience a chance to get help/advice on their systems from guys with more experience as well as listen to some really nice systems. Over the years it evolved to having several manufacturers demo cars participate and we have had guys fly in from as far as the east coast and driven all the way from Canada! We have also had the good fortune of having some great competitors/audio gurus come in and give their time hands on to help us all get the most enjoyment from this hobby!

In previous years I have held the BBQ's at my house and financed them myself however as they have grown it is no longer feasible for me to do this. Part of the BBQ will be catered again this year however I will be BBQ'ing my world famous (well maybe county famous :D) Tri-Tip steak and there will be other homemade dishes as well. The expenses are quite high this year with park rental (as well as additional expenses required to have it there), catering costs and expenses related to bringing/housing some out of town guests as well as an "after party" that goes into the wee hours ;) etc etc so we have been/are holding several raffles to help offset the costs. (keep an eye out on the general forum stickies for the raffles)

***CHANGES FOR THIS YEAR***

This year will be a 2 day event with the BBQ/Meet on Saturday and an Official IASCA competition the following day. Tentatively the IASCA event will be hosted by the local Best Buy Store and Todd will be posting more info on that soon.

At the BBQ we will be having some "Peoples Choice" awards and will be awarding plaques. The rules will be simple since there are no rules! :eek: Actually Buzzman will be handling that and he will post the guidelines we'd like everyone to use when voting.

Almost forgot...you better get out the car wash gear and clean up that wiring or you may be exposed globally!!! :eek:

I was recently contacted by Performance Auto and Sound Magazine and they will be doing a feature article on the BBQ this year with pictures! :) (they have also become a sponsor so everyone who attends will receive a subscription the magazine). I will be doing a little write up on my journey from a dozen or so guys at my house 8 years ago to where we are today so keep an eye out on Performance Auto and Sound - The Girls - The Cars - The Life for more details as they will also be helping promote the event there.

Some stuff to know if you are interested in coming

This BBQ/meet is NOT open to the public nor is it a "free for all" and there will be a limited amount of space available (the IASCA show IS open to the public). Priority goes to DIYMA members, people that have done business with me and if we have enough room we may open it to others. Manufacturers reps/industry people and those willing to travel a long way to get here will always be accommodated.

I have already been in communication with numerous past attendees as well as others wanting to attend and have started to compile a list. If you are not already on my list (or not sure if you are) you must contact me ASAP by email ONLY and make sure you use the subject "BBQ LIST" ) to get on the list after you make sure you can come on that day. Once I get a good idea of how many wish to come and figure out what the limit will be I will contact everyone to request an RSVP. You MUST reply with your phone number so that I can easier contact you if needed. Your RSVP will be for YOU ONLY and it is NOT OK to bring along a friend (more about that later). Your significant other and kids are always welcome but please let me know they are coming (there is a playground next door for the kids and several wives/girlfriends usually attend).

Almost forgot, past attendees are NOT automatically on the list this year so if you have not heard from me already please contact me to make sure!

PLEASE NOTE, this year it will be requested that upon your RSVP ALL attendees purchase at least one $15.00 ticket that will be good towards the BBQ raffles (the BBQ raffles are separate from the online ones so please be aware that you MUST be present to win and the ticket will be non-refundable) and will also get you a one year subscription to Performance Auto and Sound Magazine. This will hopefully ensure that those RSVP'ing are serious about coming and we don't end up like we did a couple of years ago with a bunch of "no shows" that cost a ton of wasted expense. BTW, the above does NOT apply to manufacturer reps NOR children and everyone attending will have an opportunity to buy more raffle tickets at the BBQ.

BTW, if there are any other individuals/manufacturers reps etc that would like to donate anything for the raffles I would MUCH APPRECIATE it and please email or call me at 1-831-383-0308. I could ESPECIALLY use things like t-shirts, key chains etc etc for grab bags. Thanks! :)

Looking forward to seeing all the old faces and meeting some new ones! :)

I'd like to thank all those that have donated and/or allowed me to purchase at reduced cost items for these raffles (I'll list everyone later). Last and definitely NOT least I would like to thank all you guys that have participated/will participate in the raffles to help support the cause even though you can't be here! :)

2. May 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    man...I would so love to be there. My brother lives in Santa Cruz and I have a good friend in La Salva. Would be a great trip for visiting and hanging out with other car audio hoolies.

I might have to start planning on this for next summer. West coast trip!!!!

3. May 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    That's just on the other side of the bay so pay a visit and come on down! :)

BTW, I've started my first raffle and will be posting more here soon! :)
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...fle-audison-bit-one-processor.html#post736533

4. May 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    That's a LOOOOOOOOONG drive to get there from Louisiana.:eek: I'd love to...I was out there a couple of years ago on my motorcycle, might do a truck trip next year and bring the bike too.:D

5. May 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    Hey Marv, where can I get in the raffles online?

6. May 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    There's a link in my 3rd post above for the Audison BIT ONE Processor I am raffling now and as soon as that one is done I'll post another (probably be a Zapco amp). :D

7. May 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    I have had several guys interested in coming to the BBQ/Meet but they think their system may not be "worthy" of being here! :confused: I just wanted to mention that the BBQ/Meet is NOT a competition nor is it about who has the best/fanciest/most expensive/etc system. It is an event open to everyone from novice to professional where you can come to learn more about the hobby, get a chance to listen to some great systems, meet some master fabricators and see their work as well as get some tips for yourself, have hands on help with your own system from some VERY experienced guys to help you get the most out of WHATEVER gear you have, get to meet some manufacturers in person as well as listen to their demo cars and eat some pretty good BBQ if I do say so myself! :D
    If you do want to take a shot at competing after the BBQ we will be having an official IASCA competition the following day that will be hosted by the local Best Buy store. :) CHECK THIS LINK to see what competing is all about as well as the rules and how to sign up for membership.

8. May 18, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Filling up fast but only 2 so far representing TW! :eek:

9. May 18, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Will you have products for sale at this event

10. May 18, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    S7ICKlVlAN

S7ICKlVlAN Cpt. Bubbleguts

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD badged | Hunting Cage | Smoked Tails | LED Everything | Slim Cubby HID bi-xenon's | Spidertrax 1.25" | BHLM | FLM | S2000 Ant | 20% Shade | PL 8521 | OME 885 | Bilstein 5100's | Toytec 2" AAL | FN 18x9" Bronze BFD's | 275/65-18 Duratrac's | Wrinkle Red Valve Covers | 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Interior | Kode MB Push Button Ignition | Relentless Sliders | URD TCAI | Mr.Marv Enclosure | Arc Audio 10" | Hybrid Audio Clarus F/R | Alpine PDX-5 | Alpine INE-S920HD
    Hey Mr.Marv, when you gonna come over the pond to Hawaii?

11. May 18, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    We have a "swap meet table" where guys bring used gear they want to sell but I never thoght about having new gear for sale so I'll talk to the manufacturers to see what they think about that!

I'm not a fan of those aero-planes :p since the last one I was on got hit by a small plane on landing and crashed :eek: :eek: but as soon as I find time to get on a ship I'll get over there! :)

Products Discussed in

To Top