Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

ipod hook up

Old 02-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #21
gdub is on a distinguished road
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
When I ordered it I called to make sure it had an extra aux, it was the only place that I found that has this set up. And yes it comes off the sirius unit.
Go to http://www.tss-radio.com/toyota-siri...ge-p-4043.html
and click the picture to enlarge you will see what i'm talking about
Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
thallium is on a distinguished road
thallium's Tacoma Gallery
It looks from the picture the sound linq has the extra set of aux inputs. I'll have to check to see if mine has the extra aux input also.

If mine does have the extra aux on the sound linq, what cable would I need to buy? would it be some kind of RCA cable plug to ipod connection? or do you need to buy the usa-spec pa12-toy and plug it into the sound linq?

Just trying to get an idea how you did yours, I don't care if mine does not display on the radio.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
I went to wallmart and bought the av cable in the ipod section. Looks like this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Pod?sku=331687
Only $7.00 or $8.00 dollars at walmart
Also I found the perfect place for your navigation system
Attached Thumbnails
ipod hook up-p2240006_edited-2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #24
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
No wires all hardwired
Attached Thumbnails
ipod hook up-1.jpg  
Old 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #25
wow! I'll have to look for my sound linq box this weekend. Very nice set up! Boy, it would be nice if it is that easy, just plug into the RCA jack on the sound linq and plug the other side into my iphone head set jack. Thanks for all the info! I'll keep you updated if I find my sound linq box and get it running. way cool, thanks..
Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
I think its just called an Ipod Classic. Its this one:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item....m_medium=feed&

No I bought it new. Its awesome. I had a sandisk sansa POS for a long time and ever since I had it I wanted something else. The classic is increadible, construction, sound, capacity, etc. I have like 40 albums on it so far and I still have something like 75 GB free.

Why dont you like the newer ones?

Ted
You've got a regular ipod classic - not the nano.

I have an old nano (tall & thin) and they don't make them the same size anymore. I have a few accessories that only fit the old nano. I didn't wanna buy stuff over again..(so to speak).
Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #27
I took a look under the dash and I don't have the sound linq box with the extra input. My Sirius box is hooked directly into the back of my auxiliary port. I'm out of luck hooking it up that way.

I'm going to do it the way mavrick491 was saying about using the pass through cable to hook it up. It really is my only option. I do appreciate all the help. Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #28
Hi everyone. I just wanted to give an update. I hooked up the usaspec pa15 to my 6 cd changer with satellite radio last night. It took about 15 mintues to removed the dash and hook this unit in. It works perfectly with the sirrius satellite radio. Works just like maveick was talking about with the passthrough cable. You hit the am button to go to the satellite just like before, and hit the disk button twice to start up the ipod. Then, you can go up for down and go from direct mode to hybrid mode, with just hitting one button on the radio. Very nice unit and very easy to hook up. Anyway, if anyone is think of getting this, it works perfectly with satellite too. just wanted to give an update.