1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stereo Recomend?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by NORCAL Tacoma, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Nov 8, 2007 at 10:59 AM
    NORCAL Tacoma

NORCAL Tacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Humboldt County
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L Access Cab
    Rear Suspension TSB, new leafs and Bilstein Shocks. Aftermarket Stereo, bug guard, all weather floor mats.
    I'm looking to upgrade my stereo soon. There are some great threads on How-To, but just wondering on the best receiver/CD player. I'm looking to spend about $150 to $200.

I've looked at Sony and I like the AUX port on the front. I've owned a few JVC's as well...

2. Nov 8, 2007 at 11:35 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    For the money, Pioneer makes some of the best car audio you can get. Higher response, lower distortion, good selection. Figure out what your priorities are and check out Consumer reports. They've got pretty good detail on the most popular models. Then go to e-bay and get what you want. Or try Crutchfield. We've got one in my town and you can get really good deals on their clearance stuff.

3. Nov 8, 2007 at 6:29 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    Second nomination for Pioneer, they really are the best for the money. Bought mine from Crutchfield and got all the install stuff for free. It's really nice having in-dash MP3 and an Ipod connection for the long trips.

Joe

4. Nov 8, 2007 at 6:49 PM
    jgunccrugby

jgunccrugby Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Mount Holly, NC
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5 DBL Cab
    Tacoma Seat Covers, Tacoma Kick Guards, Nerf Bars, Front window tint. To come: Bull Bar
    My last one (old truck) was a Kenwood. I got it for next to nothing and the sound was great.

However, I have always been a big fan of Pioneer.

While we are on the topic of stereos though. I am debating between two sets of speakers to replace my factory speakers.

Jensen 6x9 (for the front) I have never had anything Jensen so I am a bit skeptical but they got pretty good reviews.

Pioneer
    these can go front or back.

Technically I could do both, one for the front one for the back. The only reason I am even entertaining the 6x9 is because the next 6x9 is $80 and has gotten similar reviews (i have looked at several sites)

Next up is a Sony set which is $80. The ones mentioned above.

Products Discussed in

To Top