Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Kenwood DNX9140 Installed.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
JDrew is on a distinguished road

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Kenwood DNX9140 Installed.

Got the new HU today. All I can say is WOW! This thing is badass. I've had a Pioneer D1, D2, D3 as well as the F900BT and this thing blows them all way 110%.

Got it with the back-up cam, HD radio and iPod cable. It took about 5 solid hours of wiring but it's in there and makes the stock speakers sound a thousand times better than the stock radio (non-JBL). In fact, they almost sound like high end speakers.

If you got the cash to pony up, get one of these bad boys!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Thats good to hear... I got one getting installed next week. I cant wait..I have the Sirius and HD radio but from what I hear you cant have both installed at the same time. Also, I heard that tagging only works with the HD radio..
Old 05-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #4

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
Thats good to hear... I got one getting installed next week. I cant wait..I have the Sirius and HD radio but from what I hear you cant have both installed at the same time. Also, I heard that tagging only works with the HD radio..
"Supposedly", Kenwood is working on an adapter that will allow multiple addons, ie. HD and XM or Sirius.. Who knows for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
We need pics bruh....
Ask and you shall receive!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
nice work, rep
Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #6

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
nice work, rep
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
so what was the cost for that and all the accessories
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #8

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
$2k

($2,184.95 to be exact.)
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I just checked out the HU..around $1300
Old 05-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #10

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I just checked out the HU..around $1300
You can find a couple of places for that price, most authorized dealers are at around $1,799.00.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
The 1300 was from a shop in NY called 86th st. photo & video. It was online and probably a little shakey! I also didn't check shipping.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #12
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 1500 for mine at an authorized dealer locally.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #13

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I paid 1500 for mine at an authorized dealer locally.

That's an awesome deal for sure, especially locally. Locally here, they're 1,900.. I chose to order online from Crutchfield due to their support and past experience. Did I get it at the best price? No, but I sleep well at night.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #14
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrew View Post
That's an awesome deal for sure, especially locally. Locally here, they're 1,900.. I chose to order online from Crutchfield due to their support and past experience. Did I get it at the best price? No, but I sleep well at night.

Thats cool, But I have install issues with the store that I am still woring out.. So I dont know how good of a deal it is... I dont know enough about that type of work to do it myself. The real bitch is that I would pay a lot just to have it done correctly. At this point in what I got into it all ready afew more dollars is irrelevent..So I will see what happens next week when they install it... Can you take intallers to small claims for destoying your stock equipment?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #15

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats cool, But I have install issues with the store that I am still woring out.. So I dont know how good of a deal it is... I dont know enough about that type of work to do it myself. The real bitch is that I would pay a lot just to have it done correctly. At this point in what I got into it all ready afew more dollars is irrelevent..So I will see what happens next week when they install it... Can you take intallers to small claims for destoying your stock equipment?
That sucks.. It took me and another guy about 4-5 hours total (running all that wiring sucks!) to get everything installed. I still have some work to do as far as setting the EQ etc.

As far as taking them to court, I'm sure you could, you can sue anyone for anything, it's just a matter of proving your case and getting the judgement. Good luck and I hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #16
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$2k

($2,184.95 to be exact.)
Holy Shit, yea i have a hand me down TomTom so i didnt need navi but once i get the bluetooth, sat radio installed ill prolly be around 8 hundie but your unit looks great
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #17

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
Holy Shit, yea i have a hand me down TomTom so i didnt need navi but once i get the bluetooth, sat radio installed ill prolly be around 8 hundie but your unit looks great
Holy Shit is right! Especially since I didn't even buy speakers!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #18
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sucks.. It took me and another guy about 4-5 hours total (running all that wiring sucks!) to get everything installed. I still have some work to do as far as setting the EQ etc.

As far as taking them to court, I'm sure you could, you can sue anyone for anything, it's just a matter of proving your case and getting the judgement. Good luck and I hope it doesn't come to that.
I though that about the court thing as I was typing it.. I hate wasting this kind of energy...Acceptance can be a bitch sometimes...

Just found out from the dealer the front speakers including the mounts (all one unit) is only 53 buck..
Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"Supposedly", Kenwood is working on an adapter that will allow multiple addons, ie. HD and XM or Sirius.. Who knows for sure...

Ask and you shall receive!

Where did you install the voice command?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #20

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I though that about the court thing as I was typing it.. I hate wasting this kind of energy...Acceptance can be a bitch sometimes...

Just found out from the dealer the front speakers including the mounts (all one unit) is only 53 buck..
I would take the receipt with the new speaker to the installer and ask them to deduct the price you had to pay towards the cost of install or the total bill on the new unit. Be firm and polite and don't "lay down".

Worse case scenerio, you're out 53 dollars. Sometimes, it's a matter of picking what battles you want to fight. You're still ahead of what I paid and therefore, winning the war.