LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Let's talk about song recommendations for testing and showing off your audio !

Old 05-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acozzens's Tacoma Gallery
Let's talk about song recommendations for testing and showing off your audio !

I thought this might be an interesting topic..
Personally, i really do listen to a lot of different music.
It just depends what i'm doing, mood, where i'm going etc..

anyways, so what are some of your favorite songs when you want to show off your system or test during fine tuning your settings..

I have found 1 I recommend if you have a nice aftermarket systme..
It is a nice sounding track !

Incubus.. Echo

I'l bet you guys with big systems that you could feel this song in your bones at high volume...
It is packed with lots of mid bass notes that are easily handled by my idq v3 10 " and it sounds smooooooth..
Give it a try ... and give me a recommendation for some full sounding stuff you like.

I might even go buy some of these tracks you recommend if I like the previews..
what else do you all like when you want to really "Floss" your system ?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
blknblubkrdude is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
blknblubkrdude's Tacoma Gallery
Tool- 10,000 Days / Jambi (I think)
Young Jeezy- Put On
Lil Wayne- A Milli (this one for SURE)
Beastie Boys
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Lil Wyte Hoods run down it has a bass check at the beginning of the song, beware of over excursion
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
You guys want bass?

Love for Money - DJ Drama
enough said with that song...trust...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Put on, A Milli are definitely in my "audio test mix" already !
Oh yes, those are good tests. Try Echo, and tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blknblubkrdude View Post
Tool- 10,000 Days / Jambi (I think)
Young Jeezy- Put On
Lil Wayne- A Milli (this one for SURE)
Beastie Boys
Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acozzens View Post
Put on, A Milli are definitely in my "audio test mix" already !
Oh yes, those are good tests. Try Echo, and tell me what you think.
A Milli is a good bass song no doubt but it's not clean bass. It's the bass you want in those old ass Buicks on 24's - horrible bass notes.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #7

Rick Ross.... Everyday I'm Hustlin is going to sound amazing for you guys if that's not in your mix.. And if you've seen Kat Williams first standup it makes it more fun.

that is clean bass, just like incubus-> echo..

somebody try that song and report back that it's nice ! .99 if you're really cheap you can pm me and we can figure out an alternative method for getting you that song.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
shania twain. nuff said.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend something gay.....and rapish.
Oh, did I mention.........GAY!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
I recommend something gay.....and rapish.
Oh, did I mention.........GAY!!!
to each is its own man, i like country, rock, and some rap....No need to bash on something cause you don't like it.

but if you are referring to testing subs, i'd go with the songs already mentioned.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
to each is its own man, i like country, rock, and some rap....No need to bash on something cause you don't like it.

but if you are referring to testing subs, i'd go with the songs already mentioned.
Booooo!
No fun to be had here!!
Onward and upwards
Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
How about...Eddie Money - Shakin'.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #15

Eddie Money - Shakin'..

I will check that one out along with a few others from above, I can see how that one will hit.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
Jimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimirich's Tacoma Gallery
Acozzens, I'm gonna put my baffles and speakers in this week. Gonna fab the "hoopty" amp deck today. I had to wait for my temp sub to arrive. Now I got the box and sub.As soon as I got the wiring for the speakers and amps right then I gotta pull the interior out to run the rca cables down the middle of the cab. I changed my order with Marv to have him make me a 12" instead of the 10" I'm gonna go with one of the new Pioneer shallow 2ohm 12s.
I got a really fun album for you to run by your system. I'll post it up on a storage site for you when I get home from work today.
I also gotta ammend my doors a little. I only covered the holes on the inner skin with ensolite. I'm gonna cut out the ensolite then use liquid nails to install perforated aluminum over them. Then I'll cover with damplifier pro and ensolite.
My songs for testing a sytem are something like:
Skadanks- Friends
Jimi Hendrix- Peace in Mississippi
Bob Marley- One Drop
I'll pm you later today with details of the album drop.
Rich
Old 05-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Chris Isaak - Wicked Games (such a lovely song, lol...has very acurate sound staging and the recording is almost perfect)

Also check out Pink Floyd - Money
Old 05-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
Kratos3 is on a distinguished road
Kratos3's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta second Echo by Incubus.
Last Goodbye, Lover, You Should Have Come Over, and Everbody Here Wants You by Jeff Buckley(won't blow out your windows, just good)
Kid A by Radiohead(and too many others to name)
Bulls on Parade by Rage
Just about anything by Tool
Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
Kratos3 is on a distinguished road
Kratos3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
Spies (Telarc discs) One of my all time favorite test discs.
Telarc discs are always reference quality.