Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

cb radio

Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
cb radio

does any one have a cb radio in there tacoma how is it mounted how did you run the wire to the antenna any pics
Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I ran all of the wires under my cab and up thru the floor board under the passenger seat. Here are some pics.

I'll post a pic of how I ran the antenna wire thru the bed here tonight.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go bud.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

looks great thanks for the pics can you hear it good there
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
good install!

those adjustable tie downs disappear the same way the tailgate does, might want to put them in the cab?
i havent had anyone screw w/ mine or my tie downs/bungees in the bed either in almost a year...someone also had their tailgate stolen...so some people will do anything i guess
Old 11-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
looks great thanks for the pics can you hear it good there
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
good install!

those adjustable tie downs disappear the same way the tailgate does, might want to put them in the cab?
I hear it fine I guess? Hell I never use it. It's only for when I would go down the beach or wheeling just to talk to my buddies as I drive. I haven't been to the beach lately and I haven't wheeled my truck. I know that I need to hook it up to a SRW meter? I think that's what it's called to make sure it works right. No real problems so far since the bed is made of some type of fiberglass. The antenna should be mounted around a lot of steel I think for better reception? As far as the tie downs go, I have never thought about anyone stealing them. Maybe I should? Half of them use regular NUTS to tighten down, those I drilled out the center so I could get a nut and wrench to them and use my custom fishing rod holders. I guess they can take a few of them, those sorry rotten crooks!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
debuhr is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
debuhr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to debuhr
hey yea i just put a cobra classic in my truck about a week ago. i put it on the passengers side facing up. thats the only spot i could find. On my truck, there was a spare hole in the firewalla dn i just ran my wires thru that and hooked it straight to the battery because my power wire had a built in fuse.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #8

do you have any pics
Old 11-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
01tacoman is on a distinguished road
01tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
im going to buy a cb in the near future. aside from the radio, the antenna, and the mounting bracket, what do i need? and does anyone here use an external speaker?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #10
debuhr is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
debuhr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to debuhr
allyou need is the cb, antenna, and the bracket. they are pretty simple to install. i ran mine streight to the battery because it has a fuse built into the wire.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone else have pics of where there cb is mounted? i just got mine today and i'm finding it hard to put it somewhere. mine is only 7.0 x 4.5 x 1.75. any help would be great
Old 12-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

nevermind.....here is my install pic....not the best install, but not too bad either i guess....i still need to get me a good antenna for it and install it as well.
Attached Thumbnails
cb radio-im000590.jpg  
Old 12-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #13
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
nevermind.....here is my install pic....not the best install, but not too bad either i guess....i still need to get me a good antenna for it and install it as well.
IDK not the best place IMHO, too close to the skinny pedal for my liking.

Now that I have the FJ this is the setup I'm looking at getting.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #14
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me. That second one is a good system to have no matter what truck you drive.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
IDK not the best place IMHO, too close to the skinny pedal for my liking.
actually, its pretty flush w/ the console, so there's like 12" or so to the pedal, plus it curves out to the center. i was gonna put it in the same area as kilo's, but i always carry passengers and frequently move my seats up and back. also, there arent really too many flat places to mount one. if i had the extra dough, i'd got one of those all in one cb's like u were showing.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #16

looks like a great set up for the fj
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #17
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't get the draw of a cb. Who do you talk to? Or do you just listen?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

i plan on using mine for the meets for sure, but its funny to listen to dumbass truckers talkin smack to each other....kinda like on here...and some heads up on popo too
Old 12-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

ahh...and also for deer hunting when we're dog driving...lots of chatter on there then
Old 12-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #20

truckers are funny to talk to and mess with but they do come in handy when off road with a group or hunting my brother in law and me have them on our atv's