Notices

sub box

Old 11-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
debuhr is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
debuhr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to debuhr
sub box

hey ive got an 02 acess cab and i already have the small sub box that goes inbetween the two back seats, but its not doin the job. i want more sub power, but dont want to loose the back seat. any ideas?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to keep the seats functional and keep your floor space then these are your only hope (http://www.xtremekreations.com/fabrication.html). If your willing to give up some floor space you can get 2 8s or 10s behind either seat on the floor and the seats will still operate. Below is an example. Also I'm not sure what brand of 10" you put in the box or how your powering it but their are some competion subs that when combined with right amp shown make that box you have pound pretty hard, of course they are expensive.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by debuhr View Post
hey ive got an 02 acess cab and i already have the small sub box that goes inbetween the two back seats, but its not doin the job. i want more sub power, but dont want to loose the back seat. any ideas?
i had 3 10s, 2 12s and 1 15", all one set after another. the 10s sounded good but werent enough, the 12s were close but no cigar, but the single 15" is the best for the accesscabs....mine is an 07 accesscab. i had my buddy build a box for the single 15" behind the drivers seat. it basically sits on half of the back seat, but it also comes down all the way to the floor so that the box doesnt move around. this is the best way to get the bass to hit like you want to, but the single 15 may be too much for you. if i start getting over the halfway point of the volume, my face itches because the vibrations are so rough..cans and bottles dancing, air freshners and papers flying around...
Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #4

by the way, it's a memphis audio pwer reference 15", cost about $250 new each, with an 800watt midgrade pioneer amp, which i got used for $100. the box i paid $100 for, and my headunit is a pioneer deh8500, the two screen flip-out one with the built in "super tuner". got that from a buddy for $150 too. so for a measly $600, i probably have one of the loudest tacomas around here, if not, then i have THE loudest. i havent heard any other tacos before i saw them yet
Old 11-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
pivitol is on a distinguished road

pivitol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
i had 3 10s, 2 12s and 1 15", all one set after another. the 10s sounded good but werent enough, the 12s were close but no cigar, but the single 15" is the best for the accesscabs....mine is an 07 accesscab. i had my buddy build a box for the single 15" behind the drivers seat. it basically sits on half of the back seat, but it also comes down all the way to the floor so that the box doesnt move around. this is the best way to get the bass to hit like you want to, but the single 15 may be too much for you. if i start getting over the halfway point of the volume, my face itches because the vibrations are so rough..cans and bottles dancing, air freshners and papers flying around...

By chance do you have any of the old subs still?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivitol View Post
By chance do you have any of the old subs still?
not any of them lol, i sold the 10's to get the 12's, sold the 12's to get the 15", and sold the 15" because i needed money. i am getting rid of the cd player thats in my taco right now because i'm getting a DDIN touch-screen, so if you know anybody that would want a Pioneer deh8500 twin screen w/ "super tuner", let me know. its 2 1/2 years old and i'm looking for $150 for it