Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Scosche kit bounces!

Old 06-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #21
scoschetech is on a distinguished road
scoschetech's Tacoma Gallery
Scosche dash kit

Greetings,

We regret the difficulties that you have experienced using our product.
Our research into the fitment of the TA2053B into the 2007 Tacoma does not seem to indicate that this is a common problem however we would like to assist in providing you with a solution.

At your convenience please feel free to contact myself at the phone number below so that we may do our best in further assisting you with this problem.

800.363.4490 ext. 154
Scosche Technician
Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
metra kit looks way better!! it even has the stock texture.

I had that one and switched. I like the smooth texture better.. but the clips suck.. i reused the clips from the stock stereo and junked the ones that came with the kit
Old 06-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #23
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoschetech View Post
Greetings,

We regret the difficulties that you have experienced using our product.
Our research into the fitment of the TA2053B into the 2007 Tacoma does not seem to indicate that this is a common problem however we would like to assist in providing you with a solution.

At your convenience please feel free to contact myself at the phone number below so that we may do our best in further assisting you with this problem.

800.363.4490 ext. 154
Scosche Technician
Nice work.

Do you have one for a 2009 Tacoma (no JBL) that will fit double din in black? All the black kits I've seen are for 2005+ but you have the 2009 kit listed specifically....
Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #24
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a difference in the 05+ dash kits? I have an 09 and just ordered the single DIN scosche kit from taco tunes but it never asked for the year of my truck.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #25
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha hes really anal
Old 06-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #26
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Nope
Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #27
automoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Mike
automoto's Tacoma Gallery
i'm digging up this thread, i just installed a single din kenwood with the metra kit, now i'm getting this really annoying squeaking when i go over bumps or have the music turned up with the bass bumpin. i'm hoping its the HU bc its a little hard to determine where its coming from when i'm driving.

can i use the factory metal brackets with a single DIN and how would i put them on the new HU?

appreciate any help
Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #28
Broke has a spectacular aura aboutBroke has a spectacular aura about
Broke's Tacoma Gallery
other then the dealership were can u get those interior yellow clips cheap?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #29
packrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pack
packrobottom's Tacoma Gallery
nope I have a scosche kit the 09 and up compatible matches the silver perfect and it's solid as a rock. If it's moving or bouncing you installed it wrong simple as that.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #30
Cappy Cap will become famous soon enough
Cappy Cap's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone found the issue to this problem yet?
And i had mine professionally installed a few years back and it just started making this annoying as Hell noise,
And its not as simple as that the stock unit was a heavy beast this is a light plastic cover big diff.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
Now that i think about, im going to check out my wires in the back tomorrow maybe something is rubbing up against the back of that cuz my glove box got messed a while ago and i have mad wires running behind it. Has anyone checked that it could be the wires or is it def coming from the schoshe unit?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #32
yeah i was prolly being optimistic..... I'm almost positive its the damn kit cuz if i touch it ever so slighty when i hit a bump or even accelerate now it vibrates. I dont know if it my system doing this but its wicked annoying.

Is there any kits available out there now that are close to the stock unit?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #33
packrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pack
packrobottom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Way to call 50+ people morons. Sorry we're not as perfect as you..
saying that if it's moving you installed it incorrectly is a far cry from a moron. Sorry you are defensive over a 20 dollar dash kit rofl. Either way the dash kit works if installed properly. There are videos on here demonstrating how to install it correctly. There are 2 types one that I think alot of ppl here might have gotten by mistake is an older version the color doesn't match very well. The newest one for 2009 and 2010 matches perfectly. I'll post a video tonight from my iphone showing the match and firmness.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #34
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
LOL...telling people that they installed an easily installed kit wrong came off like calling them morons to me

As far as the new stuff, I'd like to see it. They may have changed the design, but mine sucked under the weight of a DDin Eclipse due to the cheapo brackets.
It may just be a $20 kit, but it was a major annoyance to try for a month to get it right & ultimately have to throw it away because it was unfixable....
I hate to say it (and I'm not calling anyone a moron) but if it is moving around... it IS installed wrong. I installed mine the first time and 'thought' I installed it correctly; and it moved and squeaked just like many others on this forum. Thinking that Scosche wouldn't put out such a shitty piece of crap, I did more research on the install and it turned out that I installed it wrong. The plastic brackets really have little to do with keeping the unit sturdy... at least not in a way that most people who install it wrong think.

No one is a moron for installing something incorrectly. They just need to figure out how to do it right and they will be very satisfied with the Scosche kit... that's what these forums are for... to point people in the right direction.

Check out this link; the video is dark but hopefully it will give someone installing this kit a better idea on how to do the installation.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...all-video.html

As far as getting the little yellow clips... the dealer is the only place I know of to pick them up. They're about $1 a piece... one dealership just gave me some for free out of their private stash.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #35
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke View Post
BUMP on this question!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #36
poppasmurf009 is on a distinguished road

poppasmurf009's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke
Thread revival bump on this question!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #37
patwrik is on a distinguished road
patwrik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke View Post
x3

Anyone find a good place to get these?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #38
pLon is on a distinguished road

Name: Heriberto
pLon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasterj View Post
I have a DNX5120 and it is fine. Did you put the orange clips in the scosche kit from the factory radio?
I was missing those clips and it rattled like hell, but now problem solved tnx
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #39
DavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DavidS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy Cap View Post
Now that i think about, im going to check out my wires in the back tomorrow maybe something is rubbing up against the back of that cuz my glove box got messed a while ago and i have mad wires running behind it. Has anyone checked that it could be the wires or is it def coming from the schoshe unit?
This might be too late for you, but I ran my wires above the glovebox. There is a hidden shelf up there where you can coil a bunch of extra wire. I wrap all my extra wire in foam sheets before I stuff it in place. It really helps with the rattles.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #40
DavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DavidS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by patwrik View Post
x3

Anyone find a good place to get these?
I bought the last 2 my dealership had. Incidentally, I noticed that my 2012 non JBL stock dash kit had 3 orange/yellow clips on top and two white ones on the bottom. The Scosche kit didn't click into place correctly with the white clips, but worked perfect with yellows.