Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Scosche kit bounces!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #41
DavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavidS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
DavidS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Not good news. I was looking at grabbing one of the Schosche kits for my DD. Besides the Metra, what other options do we have?
We really don't have any options. You and I both have 2012's and nobody actually make a dash kit to fit our rigs. Apperently, Scosche will have them available in May so I would recommend you wait a few more weeks before pulling the trigger. I'm using a 2011 dash kit on a temparary basis and it is obvious that it doesn't fit correctly.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #42
scottobot is on a distinguished road
Name: scott
scottobot's Tacoma Gallery
yellow clips part number 90467-10203
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #43
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
He said anal hehe. I have had both kits and never had that problem with either one! Although i have always had single din radios so the weight of the double din im sure could be the issue.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #44
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
The 2012 Scosche kit has metal brackets. Fits good.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #45
bravosvo is on a distinguished road
bravosvo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
i used the factory metal brackets with my scosche kit as i thought the plastic peices looked pretty flimsy. only problem i have is the little finishing piece wont fit around the HU but thats not b/c of the brackets
I'm having the same issue with the Scosche trim (finish) piece not fitting. How have you guys resolved this?
Old 08-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #46
FlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Joe
FlashCulprit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosvo View Post
I'm having the same issue with the Scosche trim (finishing) piece not fitting. How have you guys resolved this?
The unit I got fit pretty tightly on installation. Where is it not fitting? Make sure you push the top in first so it snaps in the factory clips.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCulprit View Post
The unit I got fit pretty tightly on installation. Where is it not fitting? Make sure you push the top in first so it snaps in the factory clips.
I'm talking about the trim bezel piece that's supposed to fit into the 4 notches on the main panel of the kit. The bezel that surrounds the head unit.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #48
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Buy new stock clips for the kit from Toyota. Solved my issues.

You can also wrap the clips in a thin foam like Ensolite from Raam Audio and that helps with squeaking.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #49
There seems to be some confusion as to what part I'm talking about. It's the thin bezel that comes with the kit that is not part of the main mount that uses the yellow oem clips.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There seems to be some confusion as to what part I'm talking about. It's the thin bezel that comes with the kit that is not part of the main mount that uses the yellow oem clips.
No confusion... those are the only clips on any part of the factory system.
Metal side plates bolt to the HU and the whole thing sides in, secured with screws behind the AC panel.
The clips go on the front bezel and will kinda hold the unit in place until you run the 4 bolts in.

Aftermarket kits, the front bezel is a separate piece, popped in after the HU is mounted, and ONLY the clips hold it in place. Without the clips, it's only retained by the tension on the wires on the hazard/clock module.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #51
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm talking about the trim bezel piece that's supposed to fit into the 4 notches on the main panel of the kit. The bezel that surrounds the head unit.
My tabs broke on mine. Little double-sided 3m tape fixed it right up.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
DMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to behold
DMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's the thin black finish trim piece that is inset into the main gray panel and surrounds the head unit correct? How is it not fitting? You may need to fiddle with positioning of the head unit as you tighten down the four bolts. There's only a small gap all around for that trim piece to fit...so if the head unit is not centered, it may be hard to snap the trim piece in place. Mine fits well, with a very small even space all the way around.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #53
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
I had the scosche double din kit for a dnx890 and I installed the oem metal brackets from the factory radio bc the plastic ones that came w the kit had holes that didn't align well. They were also kind of flimsy. I used ensolite to pad the brackets along w the factory yellow clips, but the head unit rattled like a dildo at low speeds w the drivetrain vibration.

Im currently using the metra kit, but I'm bummed that the scosche kit didn't work bc it seemed like it was sturdier.