Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Any pics of the stock tweeter wiring?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
uhmeebuh is on a distinguished road
uhmeebuh's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of the stock tweeter wiring?

Hey everyone -

I just bought a new 08 Tacoma and the first thing I'm doing is putting in new speakers. Got some Infinity Kappas which are overkill for this application but I've had them before and I know they sound great.

I've used a high-pass filter (aka - bass blocker) before with good results and I want to install one on the tweeters so they stop trying to produce mid and low frequencies. I plan on doing some soldering for this job so I can easily put it back to stock but I don't know what the tweeter connection looks like.

Does anyone have pics of the tweeter and wiring?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
I decided to take a look myself...

Here's what I found:

Driver's side

Passenger's side
Old 11-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
so to replace the factory tweets with new components would we have to rewire anything? or use the factory wires. i am confused.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
so to replace the factory tweets with new components would we have to rewire anything? or use the factory wires. i am confused.
I don't know...I simply wanted to install a high-pass filter and I figured someone would want to know what it looks like before forging ahead...

Based on what I saw, you would need to unsolder the + and - wires, solder/crimp on a wiring harness, and then fabricate a mount for a new set of tweeters mounts.