Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

09 Double Cab Complete Audio Makeover

Old 06-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
I have it all deadened and ensolited. Door speakers are installed, all the wiring ran. Working on the roof now. Just have to ensolite it. I also have to fill and water proof the 15 holes that are left from the roof warts I removed (see gallery).

I'm getting to old for all this crawling around vehicles.

I'm waiting on power wire to arrive before really getting on with finishing.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Octane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud of

Navy: X Navy Sub Diver
Octane151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
I have it all deadened and ensolited. Door speakers are installed, all the wiring ran. Working on the roof now. Just have to ensolite it. I also have to fill and water proof the 15 holes that are left from the roof warts I removed (see gallery).

I'm getting to old for all this crawling around vehicles.

I'm waiting on power wire to arrive before really getting on with finishing.

Sweet! You are balls-ier than I. I didn't wanna mess with the roof... an area I'm unfamiliar with. Makes me a little uneasy when I have to start waterproofing the area above my head. You'd think I'd be ok with that, being an ex-Navy Diver on a submarine and all!

I know what you mean about the getting old part. There were times I was bending around and under things and thinking to myself how it wasn't as easy anymore!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
Hey OCTANE where you work at? We should get together sometime. Im in pembroke neighborhood. Would love to hear your stuff.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #25
Jimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimirich's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely fantastic job! Unique and well planned.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #26
I'm at hsc-2 in Norfolk but I'm in running distance to lil creek.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #27
Octane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimirich View Post
Absolutely fantastic job! Unique and well planned.
Thank you... it was well worth it... glad you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinwoods84 View Post
I'm at hsc-2 in Norfolk but I'm in running distance to lil creek.
Cool. We'll have to get up sometime... you can hear how it sounds.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #28
What you do "spec ops" Im in dire straights for a rate change. Looking either swcc or EOD. Apparently EOD is in big demand. We got a command wide email looking for people to go.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #29

Yeah... my dive school was in Panama City. I'm out of the Navy now though. I'm a contractor over here at NSWG2.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #30
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
really great writeup. Thanks
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #31
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
unreal job...great write up! Rep for sure!!!

I have only got as far as replacing all four doorspeakers, and raam mat...head unit, pdx5, and sub are next. I will follow your write up closely. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #33
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
One hell of a write-up. With that test tone bit i almost supect youstarted out as a sonar tech. I havent done a stereo install since around 1990, just a 4 (3 way) speaker 2 amp job, after seeing the new stuff I'm keeping away!!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #34
DontTryMe is on a distinguished road

DontTryMe's Tacoma Gallery
Dont want to install mine do you?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTryMe View Post
Dont want to install mine do you?
I actually wouldn't mind helping... I'm just not doing that again for a while by myself! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
One hell of a write-up. With that test tone bit i almost supect youstarted out as a sonar tech. I havent done a stereo install since around 1990, just a 4 (3 way) speaker 2 amp job, after seeing the new stuff I'm keeping away!!
Thanks! Actually, before I was a diver I was radioman, which is where I learned about wiring and such. Sonar just seemed SO BORING! haha
Installs can go way over the top, but... to keep it simple, the stuff out today IMO make it much easier to do your own install.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #36
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

Name: Luke
BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to subscribe to this thread, to have something more to refer to when the time comes for my system. This is one hell of an install, props your way dude.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #37
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
holyshit that is nuts. i wish i knew as much as you about car audio... prolly saved you hundreds of dollars? daaaaammmn
Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #39
Best Hack I Know
KAPendley is on a distinguished road

Army: Sergeant, 63B...Honorable Discharge
Name: Andy
KAPendley's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice install bro! Looks like a TRD Special Edition. lol. CLEAN!!!