1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

replacing stock speakers (non jbl)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 09TRD, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    09TRD

09TRD [OP] it is what it is

Member:
    Oakwood GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Not yet,
    I am thinking of replacing the stock speakers in my 09 double cab considering you can't even hear the radio with the windows down. Is this even worth doing without replacing the head unit or getting a cleansweep?

2. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    you might get a little bit more performance out of new speakers, but you just need more power if you want it louder and still be clear.

3. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    sibanez

sibanez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camp Hill, PA & New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 SR5 XCab
    Leer camper Thule rack
    I'm replacing my entire system now and I can say without a doubt you'd be better served with crappy aftermarket speakers than the trash they put in the new Tacomas. I compared the factory 2005 6x9s with the 2002 6x9s from my old Tacoma and was appalled. The magnet in the new speakers is almost non-existent and the frame is made out of plastic. If you want to just replace the factory speakers, get set decent set of speakers with a high sensitivity rating and a low RMS rating and you'll be fine. The S model Bostons can be had fairly inexpensively and respond well to the low output of factory HUs.

4. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    09TRD

09TRD [OP] it is what it is

Member:
    Oakwood GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Not yet,
    Thanks for the input

5. Jun 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    I've often wondered if the door guards that fit over the leading edge and top edge of the windows does anything to reduce wind noise?
    I would really like to replace my mirrors with something that is a little aerodynamic and not so bleeping loud with wind noise.

Products Discussed in

To Top