1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Now building my audio setup

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cbcs1987, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Jun 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

As a drop in replacement for stockers....no. Not sure if OP is willing to go that far in order to gain a little more on the bottom end, when he could simply get the larger drivers in the first place.

Heck, I've built a complete Pyramid system back in the day for an exercise in installation. Sounded pretty damn good for the amount of money in it. BUT, what it took to get it there install wise, was another story.

In this case we are just looking at a simple upgrade over stock for a cleaner, better sound. Getting the results from smaller drivers is more involved than a simple drop in and go deal.

2. Jun 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    to the OP. if you're interested i have a brand new set of the eclipse 6x9 components and baffles made by mr marv. he got my wheels turning so i'm going 3 way active(hopefully) and i may part with this set up. these speakers were recommended by marv and the build quality is pretty good. pm me if you're interested. these pieces alone will take care of your front doors, and will sound good doing it.

Products Discussed in

To Top