1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DVD player in truck

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Viper-2, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Nov 23, 2007 at 4:52 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 [OP] Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    Well, I was going to go get me a $2500 in dash audio system and a big part of it was the DVD playing while driving. In fact I had no idea they didn't do that and cut off with the emergency brake on until I did some research.

I mean, I understand the concept (and the law in 39 states) and it's stupid to watch a movie while driving. But I hate the whole blanket rules they put on these. Like responsible people that want them for their pasengers or to just listen to a movie have to pay the price for some jerk gluing his eyes to the dash while F**$%#g Frodo throws a ring off a cliff!

For some reason I would rather listen to a movie or a TV show while driving at times. But without the option that kinda sucks. I know there are ways to bypass it but I don't know if it's too much shit to deal with. Now I'm on the fence as to buy or not.

Anyone else have this dilemma with their DVD players?

2. Nov 23, 2007 at 5:45 AM
    TrippinEx

TrippinEx Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Kenwood DNX7100, leather seats, rims, K&N Filter
    Certain players can have that feature disabled. If you find a particular unit that you like, search the net for how to disable that before you buy it to make sure you can.

3. Nov 23, 2007 at 7:44 AM
    05yota

05yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Beaufort SC
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    Alpine IVA-W205 Double din TV, 10in Memphis shallow mount sub, Rockford Amp, 23in Akuza Bounce Rims!!!
    i bought my tv and took it to an audio place to have them install it they did so that i can watch movies and stuff while driving they just made me sign a waiver sayin they arent responsible for any tickets or accidents that could happen do to me watchin a movie. my buddy just installed one in his silverado and hooked the specific wire to a toggle switch and he just has to toggle it on, off, on and it works while hes driving... i hope this helped.

4. Nov 23, 2007 at 8:43 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Can you believe that madness !! Not allowing a tax paying citizen to be able to watch a movie-err listen to a movie whilst driving. I think a spirited letter to your congressman, in your best handwriting, with new crayons would get the point across. May I also suggest getting a full compliment of bull bars, roll cage and max your insurance out so when you plow into a ditch or some innocent bystander that you come out of the wreckage unscathed. God speed. :eek:

5. Nov 23, 2007 at 1:39 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    well for my...and most pioneers...all i had to do was ground the parking brake wire from the wiring harness. i can drive all day w/ it playing dvd's and can also enter addresses into the NAV while driving. both are disabled while driving by default

6. Nov 23, 2007 at 6:56 PM
    909tacoma

909tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' Prerunner SR5 TRD
    +1

7. Dec 10, 2007 at 8:40 PM
    NomolosTRD

NomolosTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just had the Kenwood DNX7100 installed in my tacoma and Best Buy wouldn't bypass it for me. Does anyone have a walkthrough of how to bypass the parking brake so I too can enjoy "hearing" movies and tv shows

I highly recommend this unit to anyone that is looking at an indash GPS. One of the main features that drew me was the Garmin Built in navigation with an SD card slot to update the maps! This is great because it is never out of date, plus most units have a 2d map and this has 2d and 3d and very useful and easy to use. The navigation is operational while driving without a bypass, but the videos wont play. I also love the Ipod interface that allows videos to play off the Ipod, or tv shows off the Ipod. I just need to know how to bypass the e brake and i'll be set!

8. Dec 10, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    well...if it just needs a parking brake wire bypass, just wire ur parking brake wire in the harness to ur ground wire in ur harness. its all i did, so if i ever sell it to another taco guy, the bypass is already built in

Products Discussed in

To Top