Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

DVD player in truck

Old 11-23-2007, 04:52 AM   #1
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
DVD player in truck

Well, I was going to go get me a $2500 in dash audio system and a big part of it was the DVD playing while driving. In fact I had no idea they didn't do that and cut off with the emergency brake on until I did some research.

I mean, I understand the concept (and the law in 39 states) and it's stupid to watch a movie while driving. But I hate the whole blanket rules they put on these. Like responsible people that want them for their pasengers or to just listen to a movie have to pay the price for some jerk gluing his eyes to the dash while F**$%#g Frodo throws a ring off a cliff!

For some reason I would rather listen to a movie or a TV show while driving at times. But without the option that kinda sucks. I know there are ways to bypass it but I don't know if it's too much shit to deal with. Now I'm on the fence as to buy or not.

Anyone else have this dilemma with their DVD players?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
TrippinEx is on a distinguished road

TrippinEx's Tacoma Gallery
Certain players can have that feature disabled. If you find a particular unit that you like, search the net for how to disable that before you buy it to make sure you can.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #3
05yota is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2nd Recruit Trainning BN ( Parris Island SC)"Drill Instructor"
05yota's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my tv and took it to an audio place to have them install it they did so that i can watch movies and stuff while driving they just made me sign a waiver sayin they arent responsible for any tickets or accidents that could happen do to me watchin a movie. my buddy just installed one in his silverado and hooked the specific wire to a toggle switch and he just has to toggle it on, off, on and it works while hes driving... i hope this helped.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Can you believe that madness !! Not allowing a tax paying citizen to be able to watch a movie-err listen to a movie whilst driving. I think a spirited letter to your congressman, in your best handwriting, with new crayons would get the point across. May I also suggest getting a full compliment of bull bars, roll cage and max your insurance out so when you plow into a ditch or some innocent bystander that you come out of the wreckage unscathed. God speed.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
well for my...and most pioneers...all i had to do was ground the parking brake wire from the wiring harness. i can drive all day w/ it playing dvd's and can also enter addresses into the NAV while driving. both are disabled while driving by default
Old 11-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
909tacoma is on a distinguished road
909tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
well for my...and most pioneers...all i had to do was ground the parking brake wire from the wiring harness. i can drive all day w/ it playing dvd's and can also enter addresses into the NAV while driving. both are disabled while driving by default
+1
Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
NomolosTRD is on a distinguished road

NomolosTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Kenwood DNX7100 on 07 tacoma

I just had the Kenwood DNX7100 installed in my tacoma and Best Buy wouldn't bypass it for me. Does anyone have a walkthrough of how to bypass the parking brake so I too can enjoy "hearing" movies and tv shows

I highly recommend this unit to anyone that is looking at an indash GPS. One of the main features that drew me was the Garmin Built in navigation with an SD card slot to update the maps! This is great because it is never out of date, plus most units have a 2d map and this has 2d and 3d and very useful and easy to use. The navigation is operational while driving without a bypass, but the videos wont play. I also love the Ipod interface that allows videos to play off the Ipod, or tv shows off the Ipod. I just need to know how to bypass the e brake and i'll be set!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
well...if it just needs a parking brake wire bypass, just wire ur parking brake wire in the harness to ur ground wire in ur harness. its all i did, so if i ever sell it to another taco guy, the bypass is already built in