Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How to add a amp and sub to stock radio?

Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
deepsee is on a distinguished road

Army: Master Diver/Pilot
Name: Bobby
deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
How to add a amp and sub to stock radio?

Can anyone tell be what i need to install a sub and amp to my stock radio?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
06TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
If you get an amp with speaker level inputs you can tap into the rear speaker wires. Or you can buy a line out converter that hooks into the rear speaker wires and provides a set of rca outputs. And of course a power source for the amp itself.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
Best way

If price isn't an issue you could have an authorized JL Audio dealer put a Cleansweep in it for you. This levels out/cleans out any distortion out of your factory radio so it will make your factory speakers sound better and give you the option to add an amp for a subwoofer(s). Also you can hook your Ipod up to it.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TRDsport View Post
If you get an amp with speaker level inputs you can tap into the rear speaker wires. Or you can buy a line out converter that hooks into the rear speaker wires and provides a set of rca outputs. And of course a power source for the amp itself.
I agree. My personal vote on this is to go for an amp with line level inputs. It is 1 less piece of equipment you have to buy.