Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

XM Radio Antenna to stereo.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
XM Radio Antenna to stereo.

So I just got my new 2009 Tacoma yesterday. Woo-hoo! I noticed that I have the XM antenna on the roof, but I didn't get the pre-wire package. Wha exactly do I have to do to get that to work, because when I push for SAT it doesn't work? So obviously it isn't connected to the factory stereo. Has anyone had any experience with making this work?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
You will need an add-on Toyota satellite tuner if you want the sat function of the factory radio to work. You will also need the antenna wire that simply plugs into one of the connectors under the drivers side kick panel and connects to the sat tuner. I installed a separate XM RC Xpress radio with a wired FM modulator and used a Lexus/Toyota antenna wire. You would need this wire whether you got the Toyota XM tuner or any aftermarket sat radio. There are some threads here or at TN that list the part. I can't recall the part number now but it was listed as a Lexus shark fin antenna adapter wire. If you search on that you should find it. Make sure to search the general forum, too, not just here in A/V. I think I foud the info there once upon a time. Google would work, too.