1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

suficient power without amplifier?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bra, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Nov 28, 2007 at 11:08 PM
    bra

bra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hello I'm going to change my front speaker for my 08 tacoma with 6x9 xplod v694a ( 4 way speakers with 320w peak power and 80w rated power) but i don't know if i really need and amplifier for great sound, i think i will chaznge in the same the head units with an internal amplifier of 50wx4, do you think it will be suficient? Thanks

2. Nov 29, 2007 at 1:49 AM
    lineberw

lineberw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    Some people are satisfied just by replacing there afftermarket speakers without replacing the headunit. If you replace your factory stereo with an aftermarket headunit and replace the door speakers you should definetly be satisfied with that. I say this but, however some people like to put subwoofers in the back so then you need an amp on your front speakers so your mids n highs will keep up with the enormous amount of lows in the back. Overall I think you should be satisfied with replacing the stock headunit and front speakers.

3. Nov 30, 2007 at 7:20 AM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I agree 100% with lineberw. So far I've only upgraded the headunit and its nice but I know it will be even better once the stock speakers are upgraded.

4. Nov 30, 2007 at 7:30 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I 50% agree with lineberw. You do not need an amp if you are upgrading speakers and/or your head unit. Even if you decide to get a subwoofer, you do not need an amp for your highs. You will need one for the subwoofer. Your highs will not have anywhere near the power requirements for your sub. You should be able to tune your setup to sound really good with a subwoofer, by turning down the sub's amp. You would still get your lows, you just wouldn't be shaking everyone's windows as you drive down the street.

5. Nov 30, 2007 at 6:37 PM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Yes thanks guys, but my rated power of my speakers are 80W and 320w of peak power, do you think i i have an radio cd of 50wX4 it's a suficient power for boost my 80w speakers? For the radio dash kit i have heard we can choose to switch to single or double din with the single din model.. is it right?

6. Dec 1, 2007 at 12:04 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Yes you have enough. That is your max power. If you are really worried about it, you can always go ahead and install everything now and then you can always add an amp.

7. Dec 1, 2007 at 11:17 AM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    What do you think if I add an amp of 100w per 2 channel, is it too much

8. Dec 1, 2007 at 6:26 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'm not too sure what you are referring to. Are we talking max or RMS watts. RMS is what you should be looking at.

If you get that amp, I really doubt you will be listening at the max volume. If you plan on throwing block parties out of your truck, then I'd make sure to get speakers that have a max wattage greater than your amp.

9. Dec 1, 2007 at 6:38 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I don't think you need the amp but with anything try it out and if it's too weak then buy the amp. About the dash kit, the Crutchfield one allows you to switch between DIN and double DIN but I'm pretty sure the Scosche one is only single or double (you buy them separately). Go to ********* to see http://shop.*********.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=24

10. Dec 2, 2007 at 7:07 AM
    tigerdongal

tigerdongal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Memphis PR Amp, Memphis 10" Sub, Custom Sub-box, Undcover tonneau, Pioneer DEH-P7900BT, USB Adaptor, Steering Column Adapter, Crossfire Car Audio XP2402 on the speakers. Now with dB Platinums and also custom tweeter mounts!
    You'd be better off amping the speakers. I have my factories powered now and they sound very good. My installer suggests not to change them. My amp is a Crossfire 2402, plenty of power for them, plus if I want to change there is plenty of power.
    I'd think you would be able to use them, but you won't hear much detail until you amp./

Products Discussed in

To Top