Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Carputer vs. High End DVD Nav System

Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Carputer vs. High End DVD Nav System

Which one would you rather have and why?

Carputer
Pro
Expandable
Flexible

Con
Pain in the ass to make a nice one
Reliabilty

I'm leaning towards a carputer...

For those that don't know what a carputer is, here are a few links www.mp3car.com and http://www.themeniscus.net/Vehicles.html
Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
I would say what I would want is a carputer but price compared to practicality I'll end up with the DVD nav system. I suppose for me I don't really have the need for anything more than the DVD system. But if I had the money to just throw at it I would definitely go with the carputer!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I want a carputer, but they are very expensive. I am thinking of a way around it all... We shall see.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I want a carputer, but they are very expensive. I am thinking of a way around it all... We shall see.
I don't know that it would be that much more expensive to go the carputer route. I think it could be done for probably about $1200. Then I would be able to carry around all my music. I wouldn't have to listen to the same song twice for the next 15 years!